I'm going to add caffeine to my shampoo

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
It's cheap and easy to do and as far as I can tell should not cause any problems if I keep the concentration to 2%. Sure, it might not work. I understand there is no high level evidence for caffeine. I note the study that showed it overcame the effects of testosterone and I'm also interested in it as a potential DKK inhibitor. I figure when it can be made and used so cheaply and easily it's worth a try.

I read around on the internet and on this site and apparently caffeine is water soluble. I take this to mean that I should be able to drop some caffeine pills in some boiling water; let them dissolve; let the mixture evaporate down; add what is left to my shampoo. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I note some sites on the internet talk about extracting almost pure caffeine from the pills or from coffee / tea. I don't really see the need to do that. As far as I can tell the ingredients in No Doz or Vivarin are not going to impact on hair loss one way or the other if they are left behind. If anyone has any thoughts on this though, please let me know.

I'll keep you updated with my results but I'm currently on finasteride and nizoral as well so it will probably be impossible to tell what effect the caffeine is having (if any). I'm not prepared to stop finasteride and nizoral for the sake of experiment :)

LeslieChimes

Reaction score
As I've pondered elsewhere on this site, I'm wondering whether Nizoral and caffeine could be counterproductive.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I added two teaspoons to my Shen Min shampoo - so I wouldn't go into caffeine withdrawl on those days I don't use revita.