im having my first shed on finasteride 2.5mg every 3rd day....I have been on it for 15 dys

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Was a bit confused so turned to the forums
I think i am having my first shed on finasteride 2.5mg every3rd day
but the confusing part is that its only been 10 days and i can't believe this that its so damn early.......Any advice im losing on the frontal part BEHIND the hairline

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
u should be taking 1mg EVERYDAY, and at 10 days i think thats to soon to see if finasteride is affecting your hair yet, EVEN IF u havent been taking that finasteride u still might have been ready to experience a shedding phase right now , i would stay on the finasteride and just ride it out thats the best u can do , it might not even been the finasteride that caused the shed in fact i highly dobut it i s

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
I have 5mg finasteride which i split to two and take at interval of two days.....Thought of splitting it more but just wasted 3 pills on it....Soon after i finish them im gonna get some 1mg pills

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
... common side effect of finasteride.

Also, how the hell did you come up with that dose.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked for 1mg finasteride but the store got me 5mg finasteride.Had to cut it into half for taking it in.Tried to break it more but wasted 3 pills :-(.Then i read on a threads that even 0.5 mg finasteride inhibits same amount of DHT as 5mg finasteride for the same amount of period of 3 or 4 days.Then i just took the plunge and now im taking 2.5mg finasteride on every 3rd day.Have ordered the 1mg dose from the clinic and its gonna take time so until then im gonna finish this strip of finasteride and then start on 1mg at EOD.BTW if you are not busy can i pm you about something on alternative treatments?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The inhibition curve of finasteride is logarithmic, beyond a certain point (around 0.6 to 0.7 if I remember correctly) it is almost linear (though very flat). That being said, the difference in effects and side effects are not big, but they exist. It shouldn't be much of a problem to cut one of these pills into 4 pieces with a good knife. Otherwise, get a pill cutter. They aren't too expensive and a good investment.

This excellent guide by xRedStaRx contains the finasteride inhibition curves both for single dose and for long term, even though the long-term one is an extrapolation, so should be taken with a grain of salt. I assume the response curve still goes up past 1 mg, though only very little. If you never saw these curves or haven't read this guide, you should do that. I wouldn't take chances with finasteride doses.

Sure, you can PM me.