I'm not shedding

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably a nieve question but I dont know the answer to it. Is it bad if I dont shed? Is it a sign i'm not responding to medication? I went throgh a initial shed when I got on minoxidil (about one week in) and it was moderate. That was six months ago and i'm on propecia now, too -- I havn't shed since. My hair feels pretty stable and doesnt come out easily, but it looks like sh*t... it looks thin and unhealthy. I always thought shedding was getting rid of the crumy looking hairs so new, stronger, hairs could grow in their place. Can this happen if I dont shed. Thanks.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
fallicule said:
This is probably a nieve question but I dont know the answer to it. Is it bad if I dont shed? Is it a sign i'm not responding to medication? I went throgh a initial shed when I got on minoxidil (about one week in) and it was moderate. That was six months ago and i'm on propecia now, too -- I havn't shed since. My hair feels pretty stable and doesnt come out easily, but it looks like sh*t... it looks thin and unhealthy. I always thought shedding was getting rid of the crumy looking hairs so new, stronger, hairs could grow in their place. Can this happen if I dont shed. Thanks.

Oy, please read the site faq before posting. Heck, try just skimming the darn thing :)

G

fallicule said:

Does your scalp feel healthy? I mean is it numb when you touch it or does it feel like .... well like it´s healthy?

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
nah, my scalp isnt healthy at all. nizoral helps it though, but only if I use it every day.

G

fallicule said:
nah, my scalp isnt healthy at all. nizoral helps it though, but only if I use it every day.

It´s not meant to use every day. You should use it 2 - 3 x week and the 3 times / week is really stretching the limit.

Are you into pumping weights? Lots of wanking?

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
i lift weights, moderate yanking. I've had a bad scalp since my childhood though, like... for at least 13 years (im 20)