I'm Terrified Of What I've Just Done!

shookwun

Reaction score
You won't be able to buzz it without the scar outline showing. It will be faint, but still noticible. Surgeon technique, and your bodies reaction through healing will determine the outcome.

When the scar heals, you should be able to get a low fade to give the effects of short sides, and back while covering the scar. However, not everyone will have this ability. Eventually you can most definitely get a fue to cover the scar. Any keloid and raised scar can be flattened with lasers if required.

Will need a talented barber to pull off short sides while camoflouging the scar.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
I responded to your other thread as well. Most FUT patients can cut their hair very short and not have the strip scar show.

shookwun

Reaction score
jeez christ. U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EVER SPORT a #1 guard where the scar is.

it will show a massive outline. When you shave its not as noticeable because the skin is perfectly flush.

when the hair grows out, you will see the massive difference, and it will look like a scar-bald spot across your entire back.

ride it out, and get a fue in the back. Save up 2500-3000 and get that scar grafted in. good luck!

Roughly the cost of staff, operating room, and grafts cost all together (250-300) grafts

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Your scar might not be so bad with only one strip procedure. You should take care not to stretch the area behind your head so as to prevent the scar from stretching out. No more strip procedures in the future. Depending on your density as you age, and the length of your hair, you can probably conceal it quite well.

shookwun

Reaction score
I would never of gone the strip route had I not been desperate, naive, and broke.

Half the cost, no problem!

In foresight, if I was in the position I was now, I would of paid the 16,000 FUE instead of 10,000 for FUT

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
You are freaking out over something you cannot change. It will very likely be fine. The SUPER short haircuts that are common now are essentially just a fad/trend and in a year or two something else will be popular. With your new hair transplant hair you can still cut it VERY short (even after FUT) but maybe not as super short as you would like. Most FUT people can cut their hair to 1/2 inch long and not have it show. That is a very short haircut.

Remember, lotsa people on these boards are very down on FUT, but for most patients the results are great, and FUT is still super common and is not going away.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
I am debating on having a transplant to graft my scar within the next few months or waiting a year and havig a mega fue procedure to add density all over, followed by scar fue.

shookwun

Reaction score
Put it this way, even in poor lightning, and in shade with a long buzz you can clearly see Rich had a prior FUT.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously, you just need to give it time. You may not need to do anything about your scar at all.

Quickstrike

Established Member
Reaction score
"Not trying to sound so optimistic here, but that dude is a bodybuilder. Do you think he waited for his scar to heal? He also still has a sausage pack on the back of his neck which clearly shows he has plenty of scalp elasticity which leads to wider scarring. Working out even a month after a procedure can still cause the scar to stretch. It heals for 6 months to a year. Also has he had FUE into his scar yet? And lasering has now been shown to flatten scars so you don't see the indent ion. I just think his scar can be fixed to where it's unnoticeable, but the guy chose not to or is waiting to. I really think scarring is fixable to where the scar can be hidden permanently."

I thought increased scalp laxity reduced potential scarring? I've been performing Scalp Laxity Exercises daily and have noticed a huge difference from where I started. Are you saying that laxity is good for yield, but bad for scars?

I am getting a strip surgery from H&W next week.

I dunno. I have only buzzed my hair a couple times when I was a kid and I never liked my hair short. All my dad's family is bald and none of them buzz/shave.. they all grow out the horse-shoe like Peter Mansbridge
f5cyjpk.jpg

I always thought that I would do the same, if all the meds failed and I was destined to be a NW6.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I would never of gone the strip route had I not been desperate, naive, and broke.

Half the cost, no problem!

In foresight, if I was in the position I was now, I would of paid the 16,000 FUE instead of 10,000 for FUT

Whoa do you still feel that way about strip? This is the kind of comment that stops me cold from considering FUT. That bodybuilders scar obviously looks pretty visible and his hair isn't THAT short in the vid.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
But of course otoh I start worrying about being a high norwood and that to get any coverage you need to start with FUT and yeah I'm not made of money to shell out for multiple FUEs. This hairloss sh*t is truly like a living nightmare, no hyperbole. The lack of options and catch 22s are f*****g Kafkaesque. Gregor Samsa would only wish he that he was Fortunate enough to wake up as a bug instead of as a baldcel lol.