Image's Story - (extreme generic everything)

Reaction score
Hello,

So today I am standing in my bedroom, scratching my head and watching the hairs just fall out and land on the floor. I felt as if I was to just stand there all day I would end up scratching every hair off my head for good. But I can't do that, I am too busy to stand there all day de-hairing myself.

I'm 18 years old, and I am going bald, slowly and painfully.

EDIT:

About a week ago I shaved my head to see the full extent of hair loss. It's on the front. I'll post a picture soon.

I dunno if I should bother fighting it or not. I'm sure someone here will have some advice for me.

EDIT2:

OK, here is a picture of my hair line.

1.jpg

The bald patches there aren't acually bald, just to fine and light for the camera to pic up,

So if anyone has advice, please lay it on me. Thanks

Laters.

Reaction score
Re: Another Generic Hair Loss Story (Now with Generic pics)

Also I heard that you shouldn't start Minoxidil unless you are on Finasteride or something like that.

Is this true?

Thanks.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score

minoxidil will give you a one-shot boost to hair thickness and regrowth that IMO tapers off by the 2 year mark. You need to keep taking it or you will shed like a muthafucka. minoxidil alone will not keep your hair.

finasteride will allow you to maintain or at least slow down the rate of loss.

Hope that helps.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey man your not too bad off but you will be if you dont do something about it right now. I mean right away.

Your best route would to get on propecia and rogaine right away. If you dont like the idea of hassling with the roagine every day, just use propecia. Over the course of the next few months itl help halt your hair loss and thicken things up. If you dont mind applying rogaine as well you might see some really good benefits since your still young its really to your advantage.

Id go see your doctor and get a prescription for propecia, itl be worth it. If your Doctor wont give you a prescription, you can go to inhousepharmacy.com or unitedpharmacies.com and get generic brand propecia, which is the same thing, just a bit cheaper.

Reaction score

Thanks for your replies guys, I appreciate it.

I'm just wondering how many people get side effects on Finasteride?

Because if it's only a small amount, I might give it a go... and I guess putting on roagine foam doesn't sound that hard... but is the foam any good?

I'm not a very vain person at heart to be honest. Going bald never bothered me, but at 18, I still thought I had plenty of hair years ahead of me.

Oh well, life's a shithouse.

Thanks again for your advice guys.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

yeah foam works well, just make sure to get it onto your scalp and not just in the hair. Works better with shorter hair for this reason. Plus its really easy to apply.

During the FDA trials only 2% of subjects got sexual side effects. For the most part the sides diminished with continued use of propecia. The placebo has around 1% for people who got sexual sides. That should tell you something. Propecia is really safe. When I first got on propecia last July i was kinda freaked out at first because people on forums tend to really exagerate side effects. after about a week on propecia i was nearly scared off by some stories. However, instead i talked to my doctor and he made it clear that if I experience sexual sides on the drug, I can simply stop taking it and it will be completely out of my system within a couple days. So if you get sides just stop and youll be good.

Fortunately, i just listened to how i felt instead of the stories i read, After 8.5 months i feel perfectly fine and my hair has thickened up. So im glad i stuck with it. Almost everyone here will tell you that its worth it to give it a shot. Its the best drug there is out there (besides Avodart) for halting the balding process.

theshow

Reaction score

Im also 18. Iv been taking propecia for 6 months and it has halted my hairloss. Hope it helps to know you wouldnt be the only one

metalheaddude

Reaction score

It may not turn out to be that bad. I receaded worse than you at 18 but it suddenly stopped for around 5 years before started to lose a little more again. It may also just be the onset of a mature hairline. But I would get on propecia just as a precaution.

bobonyc

Reaction score

Nice info Dogs3.

I am myself in a dilemma regarding the use of propecia because of fear from possible side effects.

Btw is Nioxin shampoo worth trying at all ? Im sure its been discussed before, but i just found these forum and am still learning how to navigate it.

Thanks and gl to OP.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey, yeah some people here use nioxin because they say its a good shampoo/conditioner and probably gives some good cosmetic benefits. But i really havent read any reports that its actually helped with hair loss. The only shampoo that is really discussed with helping slow the male pattern baldness process is nizoral because it contains ketokonozle which apparently has the ability to reduce dht in the scalp. Most people here use it for that reason.

It probably wouldnt be worth it to get nioxin unless youve got money to blow, and it certainly wont help as much as propecia/rogaine will. Check out the success stories forum, 99% of them are from the use of propecia and rogaine.

Reaction score
It was my birthday a few days ago, so I'm 19 now.

And I'm ready to throw in the towel and I haven't even started to fight yet.
It seems the odds are stacked up against us with receding hairlines. I really don't like the idea of propecia as I feel I am still developing to an extent and I think it would mess with me, and everyone says it's pointless to take rogaine without it.
The image on my first post is misleading I think, Because when I look in the mirror I have what I can only describe as the worst hairline ever. One of those ones with a really narrow thin bit of hair running down my forehead, and my old hair line filled in with really light thin hair, waiting to die off.

I would rather it all just to fall out, than have this stupid looking recession on the front of my head.

But I guess it's not that bad, it's not like I am a good looking guy going bald, that would be tragic, and ugly son-of-a going bald doesn't seem like such an disaster.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Just be confident and remember what Larry David said about being bald and the ladies "Women love a self-confident bald man. Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man --there's your diamond in the rough." If you can grow a goatee, lift weights, and throw that in then you could defientley pull off the look.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Image said:
It seems the odds are stacked up against us with receding hairlines.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, but there are many guys on here who halted a receding hairline with Propecia or Proscar. If you choose to avoid taking it because you think it will mess with you, I certainly respect that choice. It sure messed with me. I agree just taking Rogaine alone seems not very useful. If you can afford it, Revivogen or Proxiphen could be worth a shot, though.

Image said:
I would rather it all just to fall out, than have this stupid looking recession on the front of my head.

If you feel your hair isn't worth keeping anymore, why don't you simply shave it off? Maybe this forum is of more use to you: http://www.slybaldguys.com

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses guys.

Firstly I'd like to say I am trying to restore my confidence. The problem is, every time I am happy with myself I lose a little more, ha.

And to Norsk, what I meant by "It seems the odds are stacked up against us with receding hairlines." is that from what I read, most successes come from people who are balding at the back, and not the front, in general. And as for shaving my head, I do, often, in fact a few times a week. The problem is, it grows SO fast, A day or 2 after getting it buzzed I need to do it again. I'm thinking about letting it grow in again, because before I started shaving, 4 months ago or so, when my hair was longer I took comfort in the fact that I didn't look like I was balding. Even though I knew I was.
It's only when I decided to shave my head to see the full damage that I really saw how bad it was.

Now I'm holding onto denial to help me sleep at night. I try to convince myself it's only a mature hairline. I remind myself that no one has actually made a bald comment to me yet. Even though I believe they're all thinking it, as if they haven't noticed.

Thank you for your replies.

ReichAndRoll

Reaction score
Hey Image,

I can definately relate to your situation, for i too am in a similar one. For the past few years i've noticed the gradual thinning and now recession of my temples / hairline, and now it's gotten to the point where i've come to this forum seeking a cure. I too have really yet to try any treatments, fearing that they could possibly make my situation worse. I've read time and again about paranoid guys getting on finasteride because of a receding hairline only to experience the motherload of all sheds and make thier situation 10x worse. Thats kinda what i want to avoid, and since using minoxidil alone doesn't make much sense, i haven't. For now i just keep my hair short ( shave every week, no guard clip ) and hold my head up. Judging from that pic you posted, it looks like you could cut it a little shorter which would probably be even more beneficial to you. Hold your head up, hit the weights, and keep that head shaved! Good luck, bro.

- Drew.

Tikimik

Reaction score
I def agree that the big three are essential for anyone who wants to not just maintain, but have a chance at growing back more of what they had.

Also, and this is what I think is the most overlooked part, vitamins!! There is nothing more crucial than this. If your body does not have the critical buildings blocks to healthy hair, circulation, and scalp then man made chemicals aren't going to be nearly as effective.

You want the maximum bang for your treatment then do some research on these...

L-Arganine

MSM - AMAZING for not just hair but everything else your body needs.. but ya... amazing for hair and nails. (make sure to take with equal dose of vitamin C)

Alpha-LIpoic-Acid

Multi Vitamin

And of course Omega 3-6-9.

Take those every day with rogaine, propecia or avodart, and Nizoral every 4th day and you have given it the best chance you can possibly have.

Also those vitamins are going to do a lot more for you than just fix your hair. Give it a shot!

Reaction score
Well it's been over a year since I first came here looking for advice.

And now I'm back.

I had accepted my receding hairline, and had made my peace with it.

But now it appears I'm going thin at the back as well. It's like discovering the awful feeling again. I had convinced myself that I was just going to have a receding hairline and that I could cope with that. But any confidence I recovered from my first fall, is gone again.

It could be time for action. Even if it's only for the knowledge when I am old and completely bald, I tried to save it.

And now I come here again, for the advice of some people of experience. But not this time for what treatment to take, but where to get it. Living in the UK and I already found another topic on getting 'finasteride in UK'. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice of they own for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm no longer scared of side effects, as far as I can tell they're mostly sexual, and I'm not getting any anyway. So it makes no difference anyway.

EDIT:

I'm thinking about Inhouse Pharmacy, Finpecia or something like that. Anyone got any experance with Inhouse Pharmacy? If you do I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.