Immediately after hair transplant

neuromet

Reaction score
How do you look immediately after surgery? I imagine there will be obvious bandages on your head. Can you cover with a bandana or baseball cap? How many days do you need to have the bandages on?

Also, if I were to fly to a surgeon, how long would it be before it would be safe to get on a plane? Both from a medical standpoint and from a not-attracting lots of looks standpoint.

s.a.f

Reaction score
neuromet said:
How do you look immediately after surgery? I imagine there will be obvious bandages on your head. Can you cover with a bandana or baseball cap? How many days do you need to have the bandages on?

Also, if I were to fly to a surgeon, how long would it be before it would be safe to get on a plane? Both from a medical standpoint and from a not-attracting lots of looks standpoint.

Basicly you will look pretty bad especially if its a large area worked on and you have been shaved down.

So for the first few days its best to just hide away, its possible to put on a larger baseball cap as long as it does'nt come into actual contact with the recipient area. You may also experience swelling of the face as the anesthetic works its way down from the top of your head.
In short the first few days after you will look like you've been in some kind of accident and after that you wont really be able to go out in public for at least a few weeks without wearing a hat.

neuromet

Reaction score
OK, so would you just hang out in a hotel for a week?

To me, this is the main reason why I'd want to get it done locally. If I'm not going to be leaving my place for a week, I'd rather be hanging out at my own place.

s.a.f

Reaction score
neuromet said:
OK, so would you just hang out in a hotel for a week?

To me, this is the main reason why I'd want to get it done locally. If I'm not going to be leaving my place for a week, I'd rather be hanging out at my own place.

Yes but unfortunatley for almost everyone thats just not possible (if they want to get a top job done.)
You dont have to stay at the Hotel for a week but its best to wait 24-48 hrs before journeying home.
Then as Dudemon said just wear a big baseball cap the worst thing anyone will see is any swelling in your face. And since you wont know any of them or ever see them again who gives a f***.