Imminent Shedding

ggyy3366

Reaction score
Is shedding imminent with dutasteride? I have been on it for about 2 months now and I have heard all those crazy stories of shedding while on dutas. My questions is this; will everyone shed on dutasteride or it depends on the individual? Is there anyway to prevent the hostile shedding before hands? I am on dutas .5 mg daily, Xandrox 15 once a day in the front, nizerol 2% 2-3x week, and spironolactone 5% at night. So far no significant result on dutas but my hopes are high considering the success of many of you.

Also for the people that is on the the spironolactone 5%. How do you apply the cream?
I just take a small amount and wipe it on the hairline part of my scalp, I don't know if I am applying it right or not.

Please respond this thread, any response will be greatly appreciated.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you have miniaturised hairs (i.e., you have male pattern baldness), you need to shed to get rid of them, so stronger hairs can grow in their place.

Don't think there's any way around that, fella, sorry :(

Sean68

Reaction score
try and get the spironolactone a little 'behind' your hairline rather than just rubbing upwards from in front of your hair. seems to hit the scalp a little better and you get less in your hair.

im sure i never used to be this boring.

ggyy3366

Reaction score
I am not concern about it if it always grows back, I have read posts that people shed and it just stays that way without growing. Will it always grow back in most cases?

Thanks for the spironolactone advice.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing i have learned is patience. I have experienced great results but also some nasty sheds. Its a cycle.