Impact Of Going Down A Noorwood On Looks?

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know most people say norwood 3 is manageable but would it be fare to say it how it affects people's looks varies case by case? For example I'm 21 and nearly nw3 if not already and my face looks a bit different compared to when I was nw1 a few years back. I know it's better than being bald but I think if some people were nw1 they could go up 1-2 points. I feel like nw1 frames the face a bit differently but it definitely makes a difference.

shookwun

Reaction score
All depends on whether or not the Forelock is at a balanced height that's relative to your facial features. That, and having symmetrical temple points to properly frame the face. If all of these are in check then the effects will be marginal.

Problems occur when your entire hairline receeds, and the temple points are completely gone

I see a lot of norwood 2s with aforementioned features in check, and the effects are marginal on there appearance. It makes almost zero difference. At this point it's a self esteem issue, not so much a cosmetic issue where it hinders your ability to be seen as attractive. Have also seen people with all the negative combinations and it ruins there aesthetics.

Density is another issue.

resu

Reaction score
When the temple recession gets really round like half circles it's just better to buzz because there's no other option that looks acceptable. NW3 isn't the same for everyone, those temple points must stay in order to look decent.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All depends on whether or not the Forelock is at a balanced height that's relative to your facial features. That, and having symmetrical temple points to properly frame the face. If all of these are in check then the effects will be marginal.

Problems occur when your entire hairline receeds, and the temple points are completely gone

I see a lot of norwood 2s with aforementioned features in check, and the effects are marginal on there appearance. It makes almost zero difference. At this point it's a self esteem issue, not so much a cosmetic issue where it hinders your ability to be seen as attractive. Have also seen people with all the negative combinations and it ruins there aesthetics.

When the temple recession gets really round like half circles it's just better to buzz because there's no other option that looks acceptable. NW3 isn't the same for everyone, those temple points must stay in order to look decent.

The reason I ask this because I was thinking about when people get different hairstyles even when they're nw1's it can affect their looks like some people can go up 2 points. So considering this wouldn't it stand to reason that losing your hair could affect the frame of your face and so ultimately affect your looks?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason I ask this because I was thinking about when people get different hairstyles even when they're nw1's it can affect their looks like some people can go up 2 points. So considering this wouldn't it stand to reason that losing your hair could affect the frame of your face and so ultimately affect your looks?

Going to Norwood 2 from Norwood 1 can impact looks in some cases. It did in mine. Some hairstyles suit more than others on some people. If you can't pull those hair style anymore, your looks will be impacted.

shookwun

Reaction score
The difference between having and not having temple points has a huge impact on well you work with temple recession. Temple points will still frame the face with early recession

Whe the temple points are still there, it helps minimize the impact of temple recession and makes it less noticble and still stylish.

Once the temple points are gone in hand with receeding at the temples, the fore head looks big, and asymmetrical.

Did you not read what I replied? I have you the reasons why it impacts someone's attractiveness through different variables.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to Norwood 2 from Norwood 1 can impact looks in some cases. It did in mine. Some hairstyles suit more than others on some people. If you can't pull those hair style anymore, your looks will be impacted.

Yeah mine seemed a decent bit better at nw1, nw2 was still alright but beyond that is when it gets bad imo

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is a dumb question I'm sure, but I'll ask anyways.. what are temple points exactly?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
This is a dumb question I'm sure, but I'll ask anyways.. what are temple points exactly?
2rnznzr.jpg

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
When the temple recession gets really round like half circles it's just better to buzz because there's no other option that looks acceptable.

Not necessarily true. I would say to experiment before buzzing it off. Jude Law is a good example of somebody that looks better with hair as a NW3 as opposed to buzzed. I understand where you guys are coming from because as a young NW3 I also buzzed my hair. Looking back I would say that I made a mistake.

resu

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. I would say to experiment before buzzing it off. Jude Law is a good example of somebody that looks better with hair as a NW3 as opposed to buzzed. I understand where you guys are coming from because as a young NW3 I also buzzed my hair. Looking back I would say that I made a mistake.

He still has the temple points hence why he can comb it forward to cover the temples.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Holy sh*t this site is becoming worse than lookism. Does finasteride thicken up the temples or do you need minoxidil?

I don't know about lookism.
This pic was posted to have a rough idea to Goldee lox query.
Have to use both.Finasteride stops hairloss from that region surely.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about lookism.
This pic was posted to have a rough idea to Goldee lox query.
Have to use both.Finasteride stops hairloss from that region surely.

Lookism is an entirely different cancer

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read this as impact of going down on a Norwood, which is grammatically confusing but still conjured up images of sex workers in poverty stricken Asian countries and Red Light Districts.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Lookism is an entirely different cancer

I visited this site now for just 3 minutes,and you are correct about that.
Also Xander is right,sometimes this site equals superficiality of that site.

Saw the word heightfrauding first time on that site.

Last edited:

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I visited this site now for just 3 minutes,and you are correct about that.
Also Xander is right,sometimes this site equals superficiality of that site.

It's only similar in the way they talk about women but I argue they take it a few steps further. Also they're very racist against non-whites.

shookwun

Reaction score
Temple points are often over looked, as most of our focus is often on the hairline alone. Those triangles are minor in terms of restoration, but play a significant role on framing the face, and giving the appearance of a compact and aesthetically pleasing contour.

PRO TIP: It's one of the key give aways for noticing someone who wears a hair piece. Parallel sides with minor thinning, and a hairline that straight with minimal recession.

Slide3.jpg