Impact of quiting finasteride after being a non-responder

vloertegel500

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Background: have been on finasteride for 1.5 years now and it has done me more bad than good. Before I had a pretty high hair density (wasnt a diffuse thinner, more a receder). Thought getting on finasteride would maybe fill in my temples a bit more but it hasnt. My hair has thinned out on top and in the front making it unable to style my hair the way I used to do it. Since most studies say that the best results come after the 2 years mark, I am planning to give it another 6 months to see the effects.

Main question:
Is there a possibility that after getting off finasteride, my hair will go back to its original state (pre-finasteride)? Can't really say that I gained any hairs while on finasteride, more of the opposite.

Side question:
Never had any sides from finasteride (except increased sexual hunger and some dry skin) but since yesterday, I have experienced some lower testicle pain. Is is possible that this only comes after 1.5 years or could it be a 'sign' (although not a positive one) that finasteride is finally starting to work?

Thanks in advance guys!!

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like your hair density has actually decreased after 1.5 years of finasteride. Quitting now won't make that hair grow back. But, you do have the option of trying out a stronger DHT inhibitor such as dutasteride. I would look into that and maybe after 2 years you can reverse some of the hair loss.

Don't think too much about the lower testicle pain. My nuts used to hurt randomly after playing soccer / doing exercises even before I started finasteride. There's a lot of factors that can cause that, pretty sure not releasing orgasms for a while can contribute to it as well.