Impressive Results W Got2b (yellow Tube)

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have contact dermatitis from using toupee tape, probably owing to the acrylic.

I really wish I could continue using tape - I will wait for the swelling and itchiness to go down & try again, bonding to a lotionized scalp...

I did that yesterday. I took a shower, without the unit on, moisturized everything, scalp included.

I then bonded w tape, with no cleaning of the scalp (using alcohol, etc). I got a fine hold, and wasn't itching....

I removed at the end of the night and tried Got2B Glued (yellow original). I've used it before, to restick my hairline after a few days of wear.

Last night, however, was my first attempt at going full bond.

It didn't work. I slathered some Got2B on my head, waited a few min, and put my lace piece on. Nothing. Nothing but Got2B all over my scalp.

I tried again this morning, this time with more care. I painted the Got2B onto my scalp using a hair coloring brush. I hair dried for a 1 min or so, and applied the piece. I put a du-rag on very tightly for 10 min, removed and was stunned by the hold.

I thoroughly made my hair wet so as to style it and had no issue with adhesion.

I took it off just show by showering with the piece on.

Very little mess. There was some residual Got2B in the lace, which I shampoo'd out (was due for a washing).

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have contact dermatitis from using toupee tape, probably owing to the acrylic.

I really wish I could continue using tape - I will wait for the swelling and itchiness to go down & try again, bonding to a lotionized scalp...

I did that yesterday. I took a shower, without the unit on, moisturized everything, scalp included.

I then bonded w tape, with no cleaning of the scalp (using alcohol, etc). I got a fine hold, and wasn't itching....

I removed at the end of the night and tried Got2B Glued (yellow original). I've used it before, to restick my hairline after a few days of wear.

Last night, however, was my first attempt at going full bond.

It didn't work. I slathered some Got2B on my head, waited a few min, and put my lace piece on. Nothing. Nothing but Got2B all over my scalp.

I tried again this morning, this time with more care. I painted the Got2B onto my scalp using a hair coloring brush. I hair dried for a 1 min or so, and applied the piece. I put a du-rag on very tightly for 10 min, removed and was stunned by the hold.

I thoroughly made my hair wet so as to style it and had no issue with adhesion.

I took it off just show by showering with the piece on.

Very little mess. There was some residual Got2B in the lace, which I shampoo'd out (was due for a washing).

@cottonReville
Thanks for letting us know about Got2B yellow tube. I never used the Got2B yellow tube before, maybe I should try it. I use Got2B black tube because from what I heard it's less residue than the yellow tube which makes clean up so easier. I just put the hair system skin surface under the running water for a few seconds to get rid of all the residue without getting the hair wet. It's super easy for skin base system. This lady explains the difference between Yellow and Black Got2b.

https://dev.invidio.us/watch?v=7NHRSxCXDak

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone seems to have a unique stance on which is best. Black tube, yellow tube, yellow spray, or a combination.

Thanks for the link.

This is obviously a system far better suited for poly users that lace.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried yellow and black on my UTS.

Neither worked. Black gave me a slightly better hold but even then the hold lasted only a few hours and I would not have been confident in rain or if someone pulled the hair etc. It was a very weak hold.

I'm happy with using white glue for now.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried yellow and black on my UTS.

Neither worked. Black gave me a slightly better hold but even then the hold lasted only a few hours and I would not have been confident in rain or if someone pulled the hair etc. It was a very weak hold.

I'm happy with using white glue for now.

What white glue are you using? I'm one of those lucky guy that my body chemistry works great on all kinds of adhesives without using a scalp protector. The black tube gives me 3-4 days of a solid hold. I'm very satisfied.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a white glue provided by my supplier Total Cover Plus. Brand is Contact Skin, but I think it's the same as any other white glue used for hair pieces.

I use just a single layer on my scalp and that gets me 7 to 10 days solid hold. I do have to touch up the hairline after around 4 days though, but that's a 10 minute job, and I prefer using less glue because I want to do regular scalp clean-ups.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used a Got2B yellow tube for freezing knots (I think its the max hold product) though, I havent for some years as I don't seem to get much shedding. Is this a different product?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard of people using the Freezing Spray (hair spray) as a knot sealer...

I'm just talking about the yellow tube gel.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. It's clear why people are so divided on Got2B's efficacy...

I got it to hold amazingly last night time I tried it, but today it wouldn't hold the piece on.