In need of advice..

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 20 and am experiencing slight crown and top-of-the-head thinning (to the point that I can cover my scalp completely after washing but small parts of the scalp show through later in the day). I recently spoke with my doctor and he seems apprehensive to give me propecia. I was wondering...
1)If I am prescribed propecia, would Nizoral/some other shampoo be beneficial
and 2)If I do not get propecia, will Nizoral/some other shampoo be beneficial?

Thanks

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Suggestions - Look at some articles and posts on here. Sounds like the early stages ya got going on.

Maybe some rogaine to start off with. Give it 6 months. See how it works. Doesnt sound like you need the Big 3.

a more aggressive tactic would to include Nizoral 2%.

Good luck

Petchsky

Reaction score
Worried Wrote,
1)If I am prescribed propecia, would Nizoral/some other shampoo be beneficial
and 2)If I do not get propecia, will Nizoral/some other shampoo be beneficial?

Nizoral is the holy grail of shampoos as far as most are concerned.

If you cannot get a prescription for propecia, go online and buy proscar along with a pill cutter, or find another doctor/derm.

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
Update

I was just prescribed Propecia so I begin my regimen today. It will consist of once daily propecia and 1% nizoral 3 days a week. any other advice to help me out?

G

Re: Update

worried said:
I was just prescribed Propecia so I begin my regimen today. It will consist of once daily propecia and 1% nizoral 3 days a week. any other advice to help me out?

You should have got Proscar. Much cheaper in the long run but exactly the same frigging drug!!!!!! Doh