In need of help. 20 years old and losing hair

theitaliane14

Reaction score
Hey there,

As my title suggests, I'm 20 years old, hair loss has already set in, and I need some advice. I started to notice some recession of the hairline towards the end of my senior year; I was 18. As of now, I'm about a nw2, and extremely worried about my hair in the years to come. I'd like to halt my hair loss at where it is right now, if that's at all possible.

So currently I'm on Finasteride 1mg a day, minoxidil with azelaic acid once per day, and I use regenpure shampoo every day as well. I started minoxidil first, then regenpure, and finally Finasteride. I've been on all of the previously listed treatments for at least a year now with limited results (in terms of actually stopping my hair loss). Conversely, I have noticed a slowing of my hair loss, but as I mentioned before, my hairline continues to thin and recede. I love my hair and I worry about losing it all the time. Looking at my hairline really brings me down anymore. I just want it to stop.

Anyway, I want to know what more I can do to stop this. Any suggestions would be more than appreciated. In addition, should I consider increasing my dosage of Finasteride? Should I consider Dutasteride just yet? And if I should consider taking Dutasteride, does it actually destroy the hairline? (I've read many other posts where people claim it ruined their hairline) And finally, should try a laser treatment, such as a laser comb or something.

Thanks
Hope to get some responses soon

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is the drug for prevention. Did you quyite each treatment after one year? They work better if you stack them, use them all at the same time, espec minoxidil and finasteride

theitaliane14

Reaction score
My dad started losing his hair when he was 18 or 19 and he's now completely bald. Both my grandfathers and my dad's brother are bald... So I doubt it's a "mature hairline". I also lose too much hair in the shower, with most of it being from the front, and my bangs are getting thinner and thinner.

Also, I have been using both finasteride and minoxidil for a year at the same time, to give myself the best results. Before I was on finasteride, I took some saw palmetto pills with a bunch of herbs in them. They seemed to do nothing at all. I've heard of spironolactone cream. Is that worth trying for the money it costs?

Also, thanks for the quick responses!

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of you now, and before hair loss started mate? Block put your face if you don't want to give away your identity :)