In some serious need of inspiration

unluckystat

Reaction score
I frequent this board about 2x a day but rarely ever post until I feel the need to vent to people who understand what I am going through. I'm a 20 year old sophomore and am majoring in biology. When I was younger and full of inspiration and a thirst for life, I decided I wanted to become a doctor and would work as hard as I could to achieve my ultimate goal. Lately I have been questioning my dedication to school, due mostly to a low self esteem as a result of my hair loss. I know its very superficial for me to care so much about such a petty thing when everything else in my life is great but my hair has always been very important to me even before I started losing it. What I wanted to ask a lot of you guys who have gone on to live successful, productive lives even while shouldering the burden of hairloss is what is your source of inspiration to remain hard working, goal oriented people and not waste your days obsessing over your hair?

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
when you are thinking about something a lot of the time, it is called an obsession.

most people on here are probably obsessed about their hair (or lack of hair).

to overcome an obsessive thought without recourse to professional counselling, you need to 'replace' those thoughts with something more powerful.

i find i can do this by 'losing myself' in some activity that requires total dedication and attention.

this in my case could be playing sports, weightlifting, a busy day at work or being with someone you like/love.

eventually in time i have learnt to 'forget' the hair and bring it under control but it took time.....stay patient and you will succeed.....but like a lost love or departed friend it it will always remain with you, it just wont rule your every waking moment like it does now.

sorry, my friend, but there is no easy fix.....which may surprise you as we live in a society that expects and demands instant fixes and gratification.

the answer all comes from within you.