Incessant Shedding - throw in the towel?

kypro

Reaction score
I was previously on Finasteride for 1.5 years and had constant shedding and thinning of my entire head...

Switched to dutasteride 0.5mg every 3rd day a month ago but now the shedding is just too much to bear....it makes me wince...

Even non-male pattern baldness areas are Thinned right out...on the sides and back...it is quite disastrous...

If I was to elect to ditch the internal DHT blockers and add minoxidil (not using it yet) would spironolactone (topical) actual help at all in providing a long term solution, or is an internal DHT blocker the only way for a long term solution?

It's just that i seem "allergic" to internal blockers

Thanks in advance!

John

CD79

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to say ride it out. I'm about the same time into a regimen and am just coming to the end (hopfully) of my 3rd or 4th major shed. Each time I think something's seriously wrong however it always seems to improve afterwards. Hair cycles are a fact of the therapy and usually a shed just means the meds are working.

On the second note Rogaine foam is very effective in a lot of cases but brace your self for the shed to go into overdrive when you begin use, it's terrible to begin with, or at least it was in my case.