Increased Hair Shedding On Topical Finasteride

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

im currently having a bad shed again which comes from topical finasteride i guess.

Been of any hair loss treatments from juli2015-january 2016. Lost a lot of hairs after using minoxidil+ru +ket successfully.
However started in january with minoxidil ed and ket 2-3x/w again and after an inital shed my hair loss went to zero after some months .

Then started finasteride topical (low dosage ,only 0,1mg-0,2mg / ml) using 1mg finasteride tabs dissolving them in ethanol and getting the residue into the minoxidil.
After some weeks my itch begang again and some hairs started to fall out.
Not after approximately 3months i lost many hairs(most of them are short ones) and my crown /front thinned out!

Not sure whether this shed can be considered normal or if its due to the residue of the tab causing discomfort on my scalp leading to hair loss or finasteride not working properly.
But i got itching scalp and shed after topical dutasteride too...

should i continue? I dont have many promising alternatives sand i can't use RU anymore..

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

im currently having a bad shed again which comes from topical finasteride i guess.

Been of any hair loss treatments from juli2015-january 2016. Lost a lot of hairs after using minoxidil+ru +ket successfully.
However started in january with minoxidil ed and ket 2-3x/w again and after an inital shed my hair loss went to zero after some months .

Then started finasteride topical (low dosage ,only 0,1mg-0,2mg / ml) using 1mg finasteride tabs dissolving them in ethanol and getting the residue into the minoxidil.
After some weeks my itch begang again and some hairs started to fall out.
Not after approximately 3months i lost many hairs(most of them are short ones) and my crown /front thinned out!

Not sure whether this shed can be considered normal or if its due to the residue of the tab causing discomfort on my scalp leading to hair loss or finasteride not working properly.
But i got itching scalp and shed after topical dutasteride too...

should i continue? I dont have many promising alternatives sand i can't use RU anymore..
Hi opti,

it seems that you have to stop FINA topic.
As you said you have positive results with Ru, that means your Hairloss makes your high levels of Oestrone (and not high DHT).
First is better to measure your Oestrone levels.
Second you will lose the problem with following a Prostagladine Protocol.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for your reply. Well i dont think high estrogen levels cause this its probably the T causing this. Guess i should check my hormon levels too