Increased shedding with higher minoxidil dosage

hulkrager

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice increased shedding when they have increased their minoxidil dosage. I originally started using minoxidil 5% in the morning and Xandrox 12.5% before bed. I did this for 7 months with some initial shedding for a couple of months and then started to get some good re-growth. Unfortunately I didn't get any re-growth in the temple region.

A few weeks back being unsatifisfied I decided to turn things up a bit and am now on minoxidil 12.5% in the morning and Xandrox 15% before bed. I have also started using 2% Nizoral every second day. In the last 3 weeks my hair is severely shedding and especially in the temporal region where I am trying to get the re-growth kick started. I am just trying to stay calm and convince myself that it is just starting a new growth phase but am unsure. Anyone else have this experience?

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
I started regaine 5% ~2 weeks ago and I am going through a very big shed, especially around the hairline. although I believe there has been an increase in the amount and length of velous hair around the hairline so I am hoping for the best.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
good post ...

hulkrager, How many weeks, after you changed your regimen into minoxidil 12,5% in the morning and xandrox 15% at night, have you noticed increase in shedding?

tnx
chris

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
do u mean after 2-3 weeks? or earlier?

hulkrager

Reaction score
129 views and not 1 piece of feedback. Seems like everyone just takes from this forum. Surely someone must have some feedback for me?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
just avoid stress, and sleep well...

i'm on xandrox 12,5 % at night and spectral dnc-l in the morning

if i had alot of stress at work , then i would notice more shedding, when i have no-stress weeks, my shedding was gone...
strange

but i can say : stress and sleep its all linked to hairloss...