Incredible shed on finasteride after a week! help!

Ridgerunner7

Reaction score
I'm losing tons of hair right now and have only been on .5mg of finasteride for a week! Is this a sign of being a good responder? a bad responder? I was under the impression I might have a shed 2 or 3 months in. Im freaking out...any advice or experiences you could share with me?

ali777

Reaction score
I had a very quick response when I was on finasteride as well... I believe it's a good sign. Keep at it!

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL..what advice to you want? all yer gonna get is stick it through,,its not like anything is goin to help the shed..just ride it out...

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
i got a similar quick shed almost immediately as well, I'm currently 1 month into it and the shed has subsided. Feel a little thinner up top though :(

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
I also began shedding within a week. I'm 30 days in and it's still shedding a bit. I don't look in the drain at all so I don't stress out as much. But it is obvious that I'm below baseline. I consider this to be a good sign based on most peoples experience. Hang in there....

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems I'm also a very early shedder on finasteride. About a week after I started finasteride I shaved my head right down to the scalp So i didnt notice. I'm now only three weeks in and now that my hair is growing back in, I noticed that the thin patch on the crown is muuuch thinner that it was before. It doesn't bother me all that much since I knew it had to shed in order for new hair to grow in, so I actually quite happy to see it. It does look pretty bad though, but from what I can tell, it looks like an early shed may mean earlier results.

-DH