ineedhelp's story - (Age 24, My struggle...)

ineedhelp

Reaction score
Hello, after reading some of the stories on this forum I thought I would post my own.

I started losing my hair when I was 17. As the years have passed my hairline has gradually receded, and with each year I find myself drifting further into deep depression. I am now 24, my older brother is 28 with a full head of hair. I'm desperate to fight this but I find myself lacking always. I have been on and off propecia/minoxidil/nizoral for the last 4-5 years.

I hope I don't come across as an idiot, but I have always been treated as inferior to my brothers by my parents. They have beautiful hair and good looks, but I am the ugly, short one. Not only that but I also have the balding to fight with. I got the short end of every stick compared with my brothers and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I am very depressed, and my fractured mental state is making it hard for me to cope with the day to day pressures of life. It seems to me as if the writing is on the wall, I cannot handle the pressure any more but the sad thing is that I can only see things getting worse....

Thanks for your time. It helps a little just to get this off my chest.

jonny21

Reaction score
Re: My struggle...

I'm sorry to hear of your depression.....to me it sounds like there's some other issues besides hair loss. You've got to keep a positive attitude in life to help yourself get out of this rut. All of us on here are on for a reason....HAIR LOSS....it sucks but you have to keep moving forward. Are you still on propecia / rogaine? How has it been working for you? I'm sure alot of people would be happy to help you out with possible changes to your regimen......

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Re: My struggle...

Hey man that sucks. Have you tried hitting the gym? I find it really helps with depression. (which I also suffer from). When I work out, even tho i hate it, I just force myself to do it and get really angry and pissed off while working out because it hurts so much (its great for letting out frustrations) after its all said and done and you get the rush of endorphins and see the great effect working out has on your body, it makes it all worth while and depression and stress levels decline naturally. Also get your diet in check.

Good luck bro,.