ineedmyhair's story (20 / Panic college student)

ineedmyhair

Reaction score
One day, My balding brother(24) ( his hairline is turning to M shape but not much on the middle of the forehead) told me that "dude, I think you're losing hair", I was like "Are you serious, hmmm", but I didn't take it very serious and I didn't even bother to check my hairline. I should have take his word seriously because he has experience and my dad is completely bald beside the hair on the back of his head. :dunno:
After three weeks, my hair grows longer and i find that the hair under the two corners of forehead is thinner, I was thinking "nah, must be the haircut, :jackit: chill man". But I want to make sure i am fine, i pulled my hair all the way back and check my hairline, and you know what i find, some kind of M shape and also some baby hair.. I was like "Oh, ****************". Then i rush to the computer and do some research online and find that I am on NW1 or NW2. :innocent:

What should I use? I am only planning to maintain my headline as it is since it's very hard to regrow the hairline that I lost.. I will buy Nizoral shampoo within a few day, can it help to maintain my hairline? Because I really don't want to use the other Big 2. Since i heard that minoxidil isn't much useful if anyone that doesn't lose that much hair and I don't want to risk the side effect of propecia.

BTW, I shedd like 60~80 hair when shampooing, is it normal? I don't find any hair on my pillow and only very few when combing my hair.

Thank you for listening my story, feels better since hair loss really lower my confident level because I know i wouldn't look good on skin head or bald....

Picture will be upload within few days

ineedmyhair

Reaction score
Re: N.G.'s story (20 / Panic college student)

How much are those propecia let's say for a year? I heard that once you started it, you can't stop. If you stop taking it, you will lose hair quickly.. I really really don't want to risk the side-effect although they claim that it's only about 2% and i doubt it.... If i use nizoral and minoxidil together, is it possible to maintain my hairline ( I know there's always some possiblity on anythig, does anyone have successful story that they can share?)

youngandshedding

Reaction score
Honestly man...if you're bro and dad are balding bad, you will likely as well. I maybe lose 10-20 hairs in the shower and that freaks me out I can't imagine your situation. However every morning on my pillow I find a lot of small hairs which is concerning. My temples are also receding bad and my front hair is thinning quite noticeably. If I were you I would get on propecia... at least try and if you experience the side effects..idk what to tell you. Nizoral alone won't do ****

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly man...if you're bro and dad are balding bad, you will likely as well. I maybe lose 10-20 hairs in the shower and that freaks me out I can't imagine your situation. However every morning on my pillow I find a lot of small hairs which is concerning. My temples are also receding bad and my front hair is thinning quite noticeably. If I were you I would get on propecia... at least try and if you experience the side effects..idk what to tell you. Nizoral alone won't do ****
Dude, you just bumped a six year old thread.