info about finasteride

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I m 19 male.....extremely sad,disappointed,frustrated with my hair....first I wanna start with short story......it was all ok 4 months ago....I agree I had some recession on my temples....bt it nvr bothered me...cause it ws unnoticeable...bt suddenly it started to appear....I found more nd more hair in bathroom...I thought trimming my head wl do evrthing alryt...bt aftr trimming I came to know I had severe receding hair line:(....these four months I have cried almost evryday...my frnds started to stare at my scalp.....I hv my head full of dense and thicker hair....bt I dont know why temples hv become so visible :(.....I cry almost evryday....its just not easy for a teenager to look bald whose all frnds have full covered head with hair :(.....I m crying while writing this....plz help me out :'(.....
The purpose of this story nly ws to make u feel my pain nd attached so that you can answer me.....
My question is I m on finpecia for 2 weeks.......nd thank fully hvnt experienced any side effects yet...bt hvnt seen any improvemnt yet too...hair shedding hasnt stopped yet....I knw its too early to expect any improvemnt...bt my nly concern is that I hv read finasteride doesnt work on receding hairline.....as ihv already mentioned I hv receding hairline problem nly....nd have my scalp full of thick hair....so I jst wanna ask should I continue with finpecia considering it wont work on receding hairline??can I expect finpecia to regrow atleast 1cm saquare patch in my temple whch still have tiny hair on it???I dont wanna use minoxidil as I belong to mid class family I cant afford it :(....so I jst wanna stick to finpecia nly....one more ques is that I hvnt yet experinced any side effects in 2 weeks..are there still chances in future to experince side effects....plz people help me out....I knw the post ws bit long bt I cnt help this is my frst evr post...so sorry fr long post nd fr my english...as its not my mother tounge :(

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay on finasteride at least for a year,take a pictures of your hair and be patient. finasteride doesn t ussuly regrowth much hair but it stops hair loss, if you want regrowth start ussing minoxidil

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank u kuca fr rply
What about side effects??r still there chances fr side effects to occur???
And I hv a bald spot whch hv some tiny hair....wont finasteride help them to grow?
One more thing...I think m not responding to finasteride....shedding hasnt stopped plus my libido didnt decrease....what is ur say??

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first bit of advice I can give is, stop literally crying about it. **** knows how you'll deal with some actual life crisis like someone getting cancer, we all suffer from baldness but crying everyday? I actually don't want to give any advice about maintaining your hair because I think you're the type of person who should just accept it and shave the whole thing off.

I will give advice though, finasteride gives side effects to about 2% of it's users, no long term effects, for a lot of people it actually boosts libido.

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I m 9 months on finasteride and I think that I m just starting to see some small improvment in my hair if any
Don t expect anything before at least 6 months
Side effects are rare I personally have only experince only wattery seemen.
Also thare is a good chance that finasteride will fill in that small bald spot but you need to be patient.
Also I m 20 years old and I know how male pattern baldness is horrible at this yung age

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank u h.I. fr yr rply
I knw u r ryt about me handling the situation not nicely...bt I cnt help myslef :(....evrytime I think I wont think about it much...bt it jst doesnt happen....becoming bald at so early age I consider myself so unlucky...jst dont wanna see myslef in the mirror :(....
But Norwood onwards ill try my best to be strong....bt if I shve my head at so early age fr the rest of my life.....it wont b easy fr me...I m kinda social prsn nd cnt answer evryone about my shaved head :(....thank u by the way buddy fr rplyng.....got some hope :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well I m 9 months on finasteride and I think that I m just starting to see some small improvment in my hair if any
Don t expect anything before at least 6 months
Side effects are rare I personally have only experince only wattery seemen.
Also thare is a good chance that finasteride will fill in that small bald spot but you need to be patient.
Also I m 20 years old and I know how male pattern baldness is horrible at this yung age
Thank u kuca fr ur rply
May god gv me patience
By d way wen did u come to knw about male pattern baldness??nd what did u do to fix it?did it work fr u?hw u deal wd it bro?

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem glad that I manage to help
Well I notice my male pattern baldness in very early stages, beacuse hair was always very importen part of my image. I started taking finasteride while I was 1.5 and some thinning at crown. It was and still is relly hard to deal with this, I think that finasteride has mantain my hair and maybe but just maybe gave me a litlle improvment.
I m thinkig to swtich to dutasteride if I manage to get prescription from doctor, but it s gona be relly hard to get one. Dutasteride is stronger than finasteride with slightly biger chanche of side effect if you don t know what duttasteride is

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
No problem glad that I manage to help
Well I notice my male pattern baldness in very early stages, beacuse hair was always very importen part of my image. I started taking finasteride while I was 1.5 and some thinning at crown. It was and still is relly hard to deal with this, I think that finasteride has mantain my hair and maybe but just maybe gave me a litlle improvment.
I m thinkig to swtich to dutasteride if I manage to get prescription from doctor, but it s gona be relly hard to get one. Dutasteride is stronger than finasteride with slightly biger chanche of side effect if you don t know what duttasteride is

my big concern is evn aftr taking finasteride fr almost 2.5 weeks I didnt stop shedding.....I m jst fedup of seeing 15-20 hair strand jst falling off while shampooing....i think in my case finasteride is not evn maintaining my hair.....i m so worried that if finasteride is not wrking what wud I do :(......can u jst tell me the estimated time it takes to stop hairloss....m not asking fr regrowth...
What about minoxidil??r u using it??if yes what r the results?

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well everybody sheeds some hairs and it s normall, sheading doesnt mean aything beacuse normall person sheeds around 100 hairs dail

g.i joey

Reaction score
if it makes you feel any better you should know you are lucky to be in a better position to start meds than most balding 19 year olds. stay on finasteride, because if your hair is receding then you're just maybe a 1 year or 2 away from more damage. stay on finasteride and remember you are doing the most you could for your hair, go out and enjoy. No one really judges on a receded hairline as long as u got density everywhere else.

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
Well everybody sheeds some hairs and it s normall, sheading doesnt mean aything beacuse normall person sheeds around 100 hairs dail
So hw wud I knw that finasteride is stopping my hairloss?
U didnt answer about rogaine
Sorry bro I may b frustrating to u...bt I cnt help myself....doesnt knw about all the meds...thank u fr ur rply

- - - Updated - - -

if it makes you feel any better you should know you are lucky to be in a better position to start meds than most balding 19 year olds. stay on finasteride, because if your hair is receding then you're just maybe a 1 year or 2 away from more damage. stay on finasteride and remember you are doing the most you could for your hair, go out and enjoy. No one really judges on a receded hairline as long as u got density everywhere else.
Thank U g.I joey fr making me feel better...
I knw its receding hairline bt its way deep nd not that nly my hairline is recessing rapidly....only within 4 months it has gone way back viz making me so worried...I hv thick hair on the scalp bt my frontal part is becoming visible more nd more day by day...they dont judge bt it nvr feels good....wenver I see a grl I jst think she cant be mine because I dont have hair on my temples :(....it just kills me inside :(..
Norwood about finasteride....I hv been on finasteride fr 3 weeks n I m wondering if I m responding to it or not...I jst hope my hairline jst dont recede more for atleast 5-6 years...m gonna strt minoxidil...bt the truth hurts that ill have to use it fr the rest of my life :(
Thank U again bro

g.i joey

Reaction score
it gets easier as you age man, if you stick to finasteride you could maintain anywhere from 5-14 years and not have to worry, to me the though of going bald at 30 sounds like a good deal, as oppose to going bald at 23. the only thing thats stopping u from not being with those girls is how you're thinking. if you're approaching a girl with those thoughts in your head you will come off as a very weak insecure guy, girls hate that. I used to think the same but now when i go out with girls it doesnt even faze them or me (yes i do spend some time making sure my hair looks half decent. I always judge their first impression when we meet and i RARELY catch a girl staring at my forehead. Stick to finasteride, take minoxidil as much as you could (once a day if you hate bputting it on in the morning like me) and just work on yourself. its normal to think about hairloss, but if you're on meds try not to let it consume you, go out live life. btw you are in no position to judge if its working until at least 4-6 months, and at that point if you didnt lose more hair, you know its working.

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
it gets easier as you age man, if you stick to finasteride you could maintain anywhere from 5-14 years and not have to worry, to me the though of going bald at 30 sounds like a good deal, as oppose to going bald at 23. the only thing thats stopping u from not being with those girls is how you're thinking. if you're approaching a girl with those thoughts in your head you will come off as a very weak insecure guy, girls hate that. I used to think the same but now when i go out with girls it doesnt even faze them or me (yes i do spend some time making sure my hair looks half decent. I always judge their first impression when we meet and i RARELY catch a girl staring at my forehead. Stick to finasteride, take minoxidil as much as you could (once a day if you hate bputting it on in the morning like me) and just work on yourself. its normal to think about hairloss, but if you're on meds try not to let it consume you, go out live life. btw you are in no position to judge if its working until at least 4-6 months, and at that point if you didnt lose more hair, you know its working.
R u really sure it wont matter goin out with grls with this hairline???
Actually many of my school female frnds are asking me to hangout fr some tym....bt I keep ignoring it as v hvnt met fr almost year and at that time I had nyc hair bt Norwood I dnt hv those temporal hair...so it is stopping me to meet them....
One more thing...if I use minoxidil only once will it work?I need around 2cm square area needed to b filled....what quantity I shud use if I hv to use it only once a day?nd whether I shud use nly on affected area or on the entire scalp??plz answer these ques...wud b great favour on me
Thank u so much bro....really made my heart light...really appreciate it... :)

g.i joey

Reaction score
i say use the amount stated for morning+night all together at night. i dont know if your temporal recession will matter cause i have yet to see it. as long as u arent passed nw3 you should still be fine. post some pics of your hairline and i will give you an honest opinion.

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you will know if it s working judging by the pictures,if your hair stays the same or improwe after one year than it s working and no I m not using minoxidil, first I want to see what benefits I can get from finasteride, and maybe dutasteride in future, minoxidil is hasseale a litlle bit and I m a relly lazy person so I will probabaly not use minoxidil in near futere maybe as my laast resort if finasteride and avodart doesn t give me results which I m looking for.
And if you have any more questions just ask

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
i say use the amount stated for morning+night all together at night. i dont know if your temporal recession will matter cause i have yet to see it. as long as u arent passed nw3 you should still be fine. post some pics of your hairline and i will give you an honest opinion.

I had to post pics of my hairline in my thread nly.....bt I didnt knw hw to post pics....cud u plz tell me hw cn I post the pics?
That means I hv to use 2ml altogether on my recession line nly?

- - - Updated - - -

you will know if it s working judging by the pictures,if your hair stays the same or improwe after one year than it s working and no I m not using minoxidil, first I want to see what benefits I can get from finasteride, and maybe dutasteride in future, minoxidil is hasseale a litlle bit and I m a relly lazy person so I will probabaly not use minoxidil in near futere maybe as my laast resort if finasteride and avodart doesn t give me results which I m looking for.
And if you have any more questions just ask
Same here.....I also dont wanna use minoxidil as I dont knw hw wud I use it evryday twice fr rest of my life....bt I m concerned about my hairline...and I too wanna check if ifn is working with my ahirline or not.....but if finasteride doesnt work in this one year nd my hair recede more than it will b vry difficult to restore those hair...I m jst confused.....ill post my hairline foto soon....plz see to it nd tell me if I really need to use minoxidil or finasteride will jst do it alryt....

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well finesterid works for everyone for most people it will mantian hair, for some one will regrow some hair and for very small amount of people it will only slow down hair loss.
It s up to you will you use only finasteride or finasteride and minoxidil together.

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
well finesterid works for everyone for most people it will mantian hair, for some one will regrow some hair and for very small amount of people it will only slow down hair loss.
It s up to you will you use only finasteride or finasteride and minoxidil together.

thank u kuca
One more thing....hw many hair strands u lose while shampooing.....I knw losing 100 of strands is normal.....but I m experiencing more severe hairfall than before....I jst wanna knw m i the only one who is experiencing so much hairfall???
Earlier I used to lose hardly 15 strands while shampooing....bt Norwood its above 22-23 evry time I shampoo....also while running hand through the hair I hv strtd losing more hair strands than before.....what are these signs acc to u?
I hv heared that one experiences more hair shedding at the strt of use of finasteride.....I jst dont knw this hairfall is bcoz of finasteride or male pattern baldness has strtd attacking my scalp....theres no thinning of hair at the scalp....kindly answer

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don t know but I think around 30 or sometimes 40,and I shampoo almost every day

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing that will help is to not count hair. It only gets you into your own mind. If your shedding has increased it means finasteride is most likely working. Shed those hairs and new healthier ones will grow in.