Initial shed or a bit premature?

rossyl44

Reaction score
The first 5 days on propecia and minoxidil i noticed that my hairloss really slowed down since then it has accelerated like mad. To the point where (as i am a diffuse thinner) i have shed hair all over the top of my scalp and now about 12 days in I continue to lose hair.

This is just a little bit of hair. You can now clearly see my scalp if you look at me straight on.

Is this shed a little premature? Or is it just the minoxidil going crazy and about to deliver me loadsa beautiful hair?

Ross

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think its minoxidil shedding...I started shedding in 10 days..it went on for a month and then stopped...although I am having a huge shed again two months after the first one stopped.

rossyl44

Reaction score
well how have you found it? It seem i have a very similar case to you!!
My hairline is not as high, but I am a diffuse thinner as well. And no-one (parents, grandparents on both sides, and all aunt and uncles NONE have baldness. I am the first!)

So have you got much hair back or not recovered from the sheds?

I.e. before your first shed did you have more or less hair than you have now?

Actually is your listed regimen correct, or am i just blind? Are you still on minoxidil?

Ross

G

If your family truly has no history of balding through 3 generations then you should get examined by a dermatologist to make sure that you really have male pattern baldness and not another hair loss condition.