initial shedding

boribori

Reaction score
who ever had a initial shedding?
how long will it last?
when does it start?(from the day u start taking the drug?)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
boribori said:
who ever had a initial shedding?
how long will it last?
when does it start?(from the day u start taking the drug?)

it differs from person to person, nobody can give you an answer as what will happen to you.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
So very true what Ragin said. I wish I had answers for myself it really differs from person to person. It's just the way it goes. You'll get answers anywhere from, "I had no shedding" to "I never stopped shedding" It all depends on you.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
You also have to factor in the intensity and the location of the shed, and of course, the medication you are using...

For example: I have been on finasteride and Min (and nizoral) for around 9 months, I have had 2 sheds: once when I first started and again in August.

The first shed started after about 2 weeks, was diffuse, and lasted for a fortnight. My hairloss had been entirely receeding but in that time I lost enough density that I was horrified by my own reflection in a changing room mirror at my gym, my entire scalp could be seen under my sodden hair. After that, my temples started sprouting and my whole head felt like it had a layer of stubble underneath it, like hidden designer facial hair.

(you can reaffirm this be reading my story [it's my sig])

After that my new hair continued to grow and the mirror became less dolorous. I got my hair cut short in July (see page 5) and the new hair looked one more cut from being indistinguishable from the old.

A month after however, I started a second shed (p.7). This was less intense, but lasted,according to records, until early oct, and affected only my new hair (all the hairs fell from my temples and were a cm or so shorter than the rest of my head). I ended up (p.9) with longer old hair and shorter, thinner new. The new hair has since rethickened but I, in a valium inspired incident in Dalat in Vietnam, shaved it all off to see if it was growing at all. Since then (6 weeks) it has more or less regrown to its length prior to leaving and remains thicker and more widespread than prior to shed 2, but my old hair especially (and deliberately) at the front, is long (3.5 inches) so the division remains (like north and south Korea) perverse.

safe