Injected's Story - (16/need a little direction...)

injected

Reaction score
First off, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

Anyways, I'm here because I have a hair loss problem (go figure..). I just read the main article of the site from the "Start here" section. The amount of information was a little overwhelming. But the main thing I learned was that if I want to tackle my hair loss problem I need Propecia, Rogaine(or some other minoxidil brand) and Nizoral.

It said a few different things about them, but I'm mainly concerned how I can get a hold of them. I was thinking Amazon.com, because it would be more expensive in stores. I searched "Propecia" and got a few different results.

If someone could link me to the 3 products on there that I would need to order I would greatly appreciate it, generic brands preferred because I don't have alot of money. Tough times.

It would be great if you could also describe to me how often and how much I need to use of the 3 products. Thank you! :)

For anyone that cares, I'm 16. I've been losing hair since I was 13 or 14, I can't remember. It's a shame that someone my age has this problem and I hope that by acting now I can avoid having this problem later on.

It's a little weird to me, because I'm losing hair in a non-typical way. It's going away from the front, but also from the back (cowlick area).

Here's what it looks like combed..

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9697/combed.jpg

Then from the front lifted up..

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8406/frontkw.jpg

And from the back.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3382/backho.jpg

Thank you

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score
Re: Injected's Story - ( need a little direction...)

Wow you're pretty young for hair loss. You're also a little young for Propecia. I doubt a doctor will prescribe it at your age, but maybe. It would probably help.

Get Rogaine Foam from Amazon.com or you could get Kirkland Brand Minoxidil Liquid, if you want to save money, though Rogaine Foam is fairly cheap via Amazon.com. Apply it twice a day to thinning areas. You might want to just try Rogaine Foam for a couple of years and see how well it works. Propecia will mess with your hormones(though usually the sides are not bad). If you want to get Propecia, you can save some money and get generic Propecia(Finpecia) or generic Proscar(Fincar) and cut it up in to fourths. Fincar would be the cheapest. It is 5mg of finasteride, that's why you cut it up into fourths. I just got some from Inhouse Pharmacy. Google them. I'm pretty sure it's legit because my balls are aching(one of the side effects that usually go away eventually). Take it once a day. If you cut it into 4ths, you might want to take it 4 days and then don't take it a day and start taking it again. This is because when you cut it into fourths, you are taking 1.25 mg, instead of 1 mg/day(Propecia dose).

Get some Nizoral AD shampoo too. Available over the counter in many stores and use it twice a week.

injected

Reaction score

Ah, I didn't know that propecia had such adverse effects.

I noticed on Amazon many people coupled nizoral, rogaine, and this product:

http://www.amazon.com/Procerin-Tablets- ... 473&sr=8-2

It seems to be an alternative to propecia that you dont need a 'script for. Can I use it as a legit substitute to propecia? The description seems promising, but it could just be BS. Good thing I'm on here :p

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score

injected said:
Ah, I didn't know that propecia had such adverse effects.

I noticed on Amazon many people coupled nizoral, rogaine, and this product:

http://www.amazon.com/*********-Tablets ... 473&sr=8-2

It seems to be an alternative to propecia that you dont need a 'script for. Can I use it as a legit substitute to propecia? The description seems promising, but it could just be BS. Good thing I'm on here :p

There's so many products that are out there that are scams. Some may work somewhat, but most are scams and only Propecia(Finasteride) and Rogaine(Minoxidil) are FDA approved for hair loss. So there's no solid proof that anything else works. There have been studies that have shown Nizoral to help with hair loss though and the people in the studies for Rogaine and Propecia used Nizoral for a healthy scalp.

Propecia(Finasteride) reduces the amount of DHT in your body. DHT is a hormone. It has been linked to hair loss. It is also involved in sexual characteristics and so there are some side effects. Some people have no side effects. For the majority of people, there are either no side effects or minor side effects. The minor side effects could be ball ache(usually goes away) or watery semen. More serious side effects might be erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, and even breasts(yes). Growing breasts is very uncommon though. Loss of libido, watery semen, and ball ache are probably the most common sides. I just get ball ache. Hopefully it will go away. Often it does.

I wouldn't waste my money on anything else, but the big 3. Generic is fine for those. You look like you are losing a good deal of hair at a young age and I hate to say that that is a bad sign. I think you probably will need Propecia at some time in the near future, if you want to save your hair, but you might just want to try Rogaine Foam and see how well that works. It claims to stop further hair loss and grow new hair. You might want to wait a couple of years on the Propecia, just because you are 16 and I don't know if it's a good idea to mess with your hormones when you are still in adolescence. Wouldn't hurt to see a doctor either, though in my experience, a lot of doctors are ignorant about a lot of things and people on this forum seem to know more.

qball

Reaction score
I know I hate going to the doctor, but I would suggest at the young age of 16 you get a medical opinion on what is causing your hairloss.

injected

Reaction score
Thanks for the help so far. I think I'm gonna see a doctor. I'm afraid that if I use rogaine by itself it'll just make my old hair roots grow. I have lots of missing follicles too, which isn't good...

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score
injected said:
Thanks for the help so far. I think I'm gonna see a doctor. I'm afraid that if I use rogaine by itself it'll just make my old hair roots grow. I have lots of missing follicles too, which isn't good...

See a doctor first and maybe he will run some blood tests to rule out other causes for hair loss. If it's male pattern baldness(looks like it), then Rogaine and Nizoral AD would be a good thing. Rogaine will likely prevent more hair loss and will likely grow new hair. Propecia is probably not a good idea at your age.

injected

Reaction score
By the way, how would it be bad to take finasteride now since I'm a little younger? I see plenty of people in their late teens on here taking it. It probably doesn't matter, but it's not like I'm a completely underdeveloped person.. I'm 6'2 and 270 pounds..

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
Your 16, that seems just really early to have lost that amount of hair, go to a doctor and get the blood done like others have said. you may be lucky and its something other than male pattern baldness (someting not dangerous to your health).

Going on finasteride is a life long commitment.

Good luck.

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score
injected said:
By the way, how would it be bad to take finasteride now since I'm a little younger? I see plenty of people in their late teens on here taking it. It probably doesn't matter, but it's not like I'm a completely underdeveloped person.. I'm 6'2 and 270 pounds..

Because you are still likely growing till 18 or 19 and DHT and testosterone play a big role in developing sexual characteristics. Propecia will reduce DHT and increase testosterone. Talk it over with a doctor.

Rogaine should at least prevent further hair loss for a couple of years(and likely regrow hair) and then you can decide when you are 18 or 19 whether you want to get on Propecia. Rogaine will give you little or no side effects and the side effects are very minor, if any. Messing with your hormones at any age is not good and it's worse during puberty. Rogaine may be enough for you and you may not need Propecia. Also, both drugs are lifetime commitments when you start either one. You have to keep taking them or any hair loss that was prevented will happen once you discontinue the drugs. Also, any regrowth will fall out. So, if you can just be dependent on Rogaine, then that's better than being dependent on both.