Instantaneous shedding with minoxidil

Preston

Reaction score
Hello , started mino 5% approx 45 days ago .

It has done an amazing job relieving the pain I had in the scalp ,reduced the hair loss and thickened my hair .
I noticed that right after putting minoxidil on my scalp I shed more hair when I comb ( really strong and thick ones ! )
A few minutes pass and back to "normal" .

Am I the only one experiencing this ?
I don't know exactly how shedding after minoxidil usualy occur but this seems strange .

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes I noticed it till the 1 month mark but it sorta reduced by itself with time.I dont know maybe this is a reaction from our body in the initial stages and once when it gets used to MIN,this type of shedding stops.

Preston

Reaction score
Well , at least I know I'm not the only one , I'm gonna pay attention to how it evolves .
Thanks

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I experienced the same thing on regular rogaine. With me it didn´t stop, and I´m pretty sure I had a bad reaction to it that left me worse off.
I switched to Nanominox and it stopped. Don´t know why, but there´s some ingredient which isn´t in Nanominox as opposed to rogaine, can´t remember its name. PPG?

Preston

Reaction score
Yes PPG , propylene glycol , but the effect of this can sometimes cause a little inflamation , no shedding as far as I know .
How long have you been using the "normal" minoxidil ?
What is nanominox ?