Intern's Story

intern

Reaction score
So this is where I am now, 20 years old since March. I have always felt (as long as I can remember) that I have had a fringe which wasn't ideal, I was born with a cows lick on either side of it so I could never just brush it down, but if it was short I couldn't do anything and I have a fairly large forehead so long story short I have always had it longish. I have always had a widows peak and only my father's dad is bald in my family.

To be honest, I don't have any thinning, I just want to see if I do have a receding hairline and if so, I want to tackle it. I don't like the idea of being on pills for the rest of my life fighting off nature, but I guess I'll see if my hairline becomes intolerable.

Does a widows peak = MPHL?

When it comes to preventing future hair loss at a young age (which I've read is the best policy) should I NOW be looking at full on expensive product? Is there a cheaper lifestyle option I can stick to, at least for the next 5 years or so? Perhaps a shampoo or something...

Attachments

• p2.png
    p2.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 203
  • p1.png
    p1.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 218

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My Beginning

You could start with Nizoral shampoo twice weekly inbetween your normal shampoo if you wanted peace of mind?

It is a mild anti-androgen and it's a start, you don't look like your thinning at all really, I'm a lot thinner than you and I'm the same age. But your hairline does look slightly receding, not my much at all, but slightly. It could just be a mature hairline.

But I'd go with the Nizoral if you're wanting to try something. Until you're really sure its male pattern baldness there are a plenty of growth stimulating shampoos out there. I'd bin anything that isn't free of Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and buy new.

If you notice your hair thinning more or your hair receding or more hair coming out I'd look at treatments, but if not just look for a good shampoo :)

American Crew, Bedhead, Alterna, Label.m and Kerastase are a few good ones to go for if you just want a good normal shampoo.

Don't know much about ones that promote growth etc.. post a new thread on here about stimulating shampoos and see what recommendations you get if that's what you want, it's a good place to start :)

To be fair though, my hair was the same as yours about 12 months ago, so I'd keep an eye on it.
I wouldn't go down the taking a pill route, finasteride I don't really care what anyone says, isn't at great idea to be taking in our age group. There are alternatives :)

intern

Reaction score
cheers man :) yeah to be honest I think it is a bit early for me to tell, I'm becoming conscious because of my age but I have an inkling it's always been that way? My dad has always had a widows peak and he has his hair (he's mid fifties), I wouldn't mind losing it eventually lol, just not in my early 20s. To be fair you hair seems OK can't see any thinning and your hairline isn't anything significant.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
intern said:
cheers man :) yeah to be honest I think it is a bit early for me to tell, I'm becoming conscious because of my age but I have an inkling it's always been that way? My dad has always had a widows peak and he has his hair (he's mid fifties), I wouldn't mind losing it eventually lol, just not in my early 20s. To be fair you hair seems OK can't see any thinning and your hairline isn't anything significant.

You have to look at all sides of the family and see what your hair looks most like. I mean my dads side of the family have really thick, straight hair, my grandad on that side is 70 and he still has a full head of hair, so I'm taking after my grandmothers side of the family, unfortunately. Rotten luck.

Thanks it does boost my self confidence a bit when people tell me my hair looks okay. But I do know I'm thinning, I've just ordered 3 months worth of S5 cream from this site till I can afford some RU58841 or CB-03-01 but it don't come cheap, but they are the best options for me without taking finasteride.

the_dude

Reaction score
Yeah, i agree with mosey. You don't seem to be thinning, can't really see clear signs of male pattern baldness. And looking at your family history i think you have a very good chance of keeping your hair. According to research, the mother's side is the most important in inheriting baldness. So if your granddad and uncles on your mother's side aren't bald you have a very good chance.