Intro And Advice On Approach Needed Please

NeverScared

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I started reading the forum a few weeks ago, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 32 year old man, from Toronto. My hair probably started thinning around 25, but I was basically in denial about it the whole time. The hair loss wasn't really visible until about 6/8 months ago, and then I really had to face the fact that I'm losing my hair, so that has spurred me into action a little bit. I'm not really sure where I am on the Norwood. One person told me I'm like a 4A/5, but another told me I'm like a 2, because the crown/vertex are balding, but not slick yet, there are still small hairs there.

Anyway, the site/forum is super helpful, and after reading through things, at first I was basically going to start Minoxidil and Nizoral, and see what kind of results I get. I'm too scared of sides from Propecia, so I'm going to skip that. Then as I read more, I figured okay there's other things to try, like the S5 cream, Tricomin, etc, so I can start adding those as well, to see if they help. And eventually I'll get a hair transplant.

But I've also been reading about the alternative treatments available that people are trying, and especially after reading about Saw Palmetto being as effective as 2% Minoxidil, I thought I would like to try that before drugs.

I had an appt at Antech Hair & Skin Clinic in Toronto, and met with a Dr there, who seemed to know what he was talking about. He said he's been working with men losing their hair for 35 years, and has his own set of products that he's created using natural oils/ingredients that he applies, along with lasers.

I was thinking of going with him... It's definitely not cheap, especially if I consider that I could just get minoxidil/nizoral myself, or even the essential oils. But I was thinking if the natural ingredients will work just as well, I'm willing to pay for his experience using/changing his formulas, rather than me trying different things on my own and not really knowing what I'm doing. He said his stuff doesn't have any side effects. He didn't promise me the moon, just that maybe we can maintain what I have, and in a few years get a transplant if I want.

Anyway, does anyone have any feedback on that approach? Anyone have experience going this route?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this guy's treatments we're comparable to standard treatments than he'd probably be rich.

On this forum, I think that @Armando Jose is the only person who has had success with essential oils, and his success is moderate.

If you want a real medical opinion, I recommend going to a real doctor. He might order a hormone panel and vitamin mineral thyroid panel to see if there's anything worth thinking about.

On the bright side, the Leafs are finally a good team.