Intro of myself

Ndw150

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a 17 year old who lives in The U.S. Although young, I am concerned about my hair, in particular my hairline. I am one of those people who can claim that they have never had a straight hairline.My 'corners' (where the side part and the hair on top of my head meet) have always been a bit high, even when young. These corners were also filled with finer blonde hair, while the rest of my hair is a somewhat fine brown. Recently, perhaps 4 or 5 months ago, I realized that the 'corners' I mentioned earlier were very pronounced. I had my hair longer at the time, but by pulling it back after a shower I realized that I might be in the grips of temple recession!! Now that I cut my hair shorter, it is definitely noticeable. Looking at pictures from my junior year in high school, I noticed that the corners were not as receded as they are now as a senior. My parents do not believe that I may be receding because they think that I am too young. My dad claims that it is "the hairline that you have always had" and that it was the same for him when he was my age. He still has a decent amount of hair, no noticeable loss except for a small amount of thinning at the crown.(he is 51 by the way.) my grandfather also still has a decent amount, although he is almost 80 so he has lost some. So, my paternal side doesn't worry me so much as far as genetic risk. My mother's side is a different story. None of us (except for my maternal grandmother) know what my mom's father looked like. I guess he bailed after she became pregnant or something. Anyway, my mother has told me that my grandmother described him as "tall with thick dark hair". They met in their 20's, so it is very possible that he has/had male pattern baldness but it just wasn't noticeable yet. I am scared by this unknown genetic contributor of male pattern baldness. I am young, but I have learned that chronic stress can trigger male pattern baldness prematurely in adolescents. I have pretty bad depression and anxiety issues for many reasons; this is a newer, but no less severe, reason to be worried. I believe that I stand at a Norwood 1.5 going into the beginnings of Norwood 2. I will post pictures soon. Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you all have to say! Hopefully I caught this early enough to where I can reverse some of the recession. Best of luck to all,
Ndw

Edit:
Pictures