Introducing me. Skipping this topic recommended

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just introducing myself as it seems like the thing to do. Have been visiting this website for about a year and discovering it was a revelation, knowing that i could do something about my hair loss and having all these experiences available to me and all the advice has put me in such a better place than i was at before... I felt it was time to join and give a little back

About me

Im touching 30 from the UK, have been receding very very slowly since i was 16. I am fortunate to have most of my hair so i wont be getting the violins out just yet, but i cannot deny that ever since becoming aware of my situation since i was young, it has caused me daily concern. If life is a movie, Im going in real time and my hair is going in fast forward x2. I admit of all the speeds above real time this is probably the best, but its still enough for me to not be able to sit back and enjoy the film and its causing me enough anxiety that im distracted from the plot. I appreciate some of you will have had the hair going at Fast forward x128 and i sincerely have nothing but empathy, i do believe they are totally different things, to be balding and to be bald and the pain scale is a sliding one but what do i know?.

Medications
I have been on the big three since may of last year and thus far they have been working for me. I know that finesteride is a contentious drug, I just wanted to post as one man who is using it thus far with success and no sides. The same for rogaine foam and kirkland minoxidil and nizoral which between them have restored hair all over my head including quite substansive thickening of the hairline. I have been pleased with the results, but as an innately selfish man I hope for more.

Goals

Im going to keep taking the medications for so long as they are effective and they cause me no trouble. I am considering a small transplant to restore my hairline, i am in the process of getting consulatations which are due in the next month. I will be keeping this thread updated of the action im intending to take and put up pictures and use this to document my progression.

Anyway, thats me, just a man on a rock in space, telling fellow transient people who have taken the time to sit at the computer and might be wondering about the state of my head for some reason.

Reaction score
Congratulations on your success so far. Your hair loss sounds similar to mine, I've been slowly receding and thinning over the last 10+ years. Hope I get some success like you.

I've been reading all over the place that restoring the hair line is hard / nearly impossible. How far into your regime were you when first started seeing results with thickening of the hairline? Are you getting hair transplant consultations with UK surgeons?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, Am I right in thinking you began in Jan this year? If so you will most likely have a few months of seeing more hair falling out than usual and it will begin to look a little thinner in the thin areas. I Began to see regrowth at around about 3 months but i should say it wasnt like 'wow!', it was mainly just the hairs i had lost coming back with a little bit more gusto! But, much like the recession, the reversal has been the same, very slowly, month by month my new hair keeps popping up in my hairline and grow out slowly. Its a long road this, and were still just at the beginning. As regards hair transplant ive decided to consult abroad. Im from the South of England so for me, getting to Brussells is just a couple of hours away. When its rationalised, I can not think of a single reason to see a UK hair transplant surgeon! The ones in Europe are superior in my opinion and in many cases they are also cheaper.

Reaction score
Yeah, a whole 2 and half weeks! I know thats waaay too soon to expect anything, just curious to find out if the hair growth at the hairline came later than elsewhere. From a blog I've been reading it seems there's an idea that finasteride and min wont help guys not in their early 20s at all much with hair re-growth at the front / hairline, only the top / crown. So it's good to hear that their are exceptions to the rule :)

Good call on not going for a UK hair transplant, I'm no expert but from stories on here and other places going abroad is deffo the way to go. If I stabilise my hair loss a hair transplant at the front is something I would consider (if I could ever afford it), so would be really interested to hear your experiences if you do get one.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha 2 and a half weeks is definately not much but its still 2 and a half weeks less that you will have to wait for regrowth so its going in the right direction! I believe that wherever you have hair or recently lost hair you have good cause to hope that you can thicken and perhaps regrow. I didnt expect it but i have been pleasently surprised to have find my hairline lowering very slowly. Like i said, its not wow but it is slowly and incrementally getting better. There are also plenty of sucess stories on this site with frontal restoration if you havent seen them yet. Good idea to get on the meds, give them a couple of years and then see where you are.

Reaction score
lol yea thats the way I'm trying to look at. Cool will keep an eye of the success stories board, but alot of the regrowth at the hairline people have acheieved looks to have happened to diffuse thinners rather than full out receders, so was good to see your post.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is true, although some receders like Zeroheat and Ogdan really got some great growth, although those examples are exceptional. By the way I checked your pictures out and I have to say yes we do have a similar level of loss, in reality our situations are probably pretty fortunate, but its hard to see it that way on a windy day and people say 'you going bald up there?' My fear of wind is palpable!

I would say whatever happens, stick it out, i went through a period at the beginning that wasnt fun, parts of my hair were thinner than ever before, an unpleasent time. Patience is the most important thing, scare stories are everywhere and it is easy to get distracted, but ultimately if you dont buy a ticket you wont win the lottery, if you dont keep up with the meds then you wont get regrowth. Im sure you know all this, just imparting what little wisdom i have! best of luck