Introducing myself

Noelle

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I've been shedding hair all my life, often waking up in the mornings with a pillow case half covered with my hair.

My father was a shedder and went from thinning hair to balding in later life. It seems I'm his only offspring that inherited this trait, though I'm female and not balding.

My hair IS getting thinner. I've allowed it to grow longer and when I give it a brushing, I come up with a whole wad of hair in the brush. Even if I brush my hair 3 or 4 times a day, it's the same result.

I've never tried any hair loss products, so I don't know where to start. Anyone have any advice or products they'd recommend that actually stop the constant shedding???

Noelle

apical commando

Reaction score
I know that Finasteride & the like are not effective in women & can cause fetal abnormalities in pregnancy. I'm not sure about other products, but perhaps something natural/herbal may be useful?

hoople

Reaction score
Minoxidil 5%
Check your ferritin levels, if below 70 then start taking an iron supplement.
Use nizoral shampoo.
Topical spironolactone, or internal spironolactone.

I'm a diffuse thinner too, check out my regime.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Noelle said:
Hi, all.

I've been shedding hair all my life, often waking up in the mornings with a pillow case half covered with my hair.

My father was a shedder and went from thinning hair to balding in later life. It seems I'm his only offspring that inherited this trait, though I'm female and not balding.

My hair IS getting thinner. I've allowed it to grow longer and when I give it a brushing, I come up with a whole wad of hair in the brush. Even if I brush my hair 3 or 4 times a day, it's the same result.

I've never tried any hair loss products, so I don't know where to start. Anyone have any advice or products they'd recommend that actually stop the constant shedding???

Noelle

a pic will help others understand the situation better.

Noelle

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! Appreciate them.

I don't have any recent pics with my long hair. It's past my shoulder blades in back.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Noelle said:
Thanks for the tips! Appreciate them.

I don't have any recent pics with my long hair. It's past my shoulder blades in back.

the length of hair is irrelevent to male pattern baldness