Introduction and my story

brickie24

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ive been here reading for a while now and decided to join today and introduce myself and my story and show a couple of quick pictures I just took with my phone.

Now I don't want people judging me because of choices I've made, Ive come here openly admitting what I've done and have come looking for help not criticism, so I hope your mature enough here to help out and I will greatly appreciate it.

Upto last year Ive always had thick hair, lots of thick hair. Then I decided to take my bodybuilding goals to the next level and try a cycle of steroids for 10 weeks. I did all the requirements with blood work etc and its been 3 months since Ive finished, Completely healthy and I've now got an extra 12kgs of muscle and looking/feeling great!.

But as most of you know testosterone converts to DHT which is very bad for your hair, and during the cycle my hair thinned out ALOT.
Anyways here is a picture, I know its pretty crappy but i will try and get a better one soon.
But as you can see my hair is extremely thin, and considering I had very thick hair before without any signs of balding this is a big freak out.
[attachment=0:z71c80oc]Photo-0474.jpg[/attachment:z71c80oc]

Now as ive said ive done alot of researching myself, and believe that minoxidil is what would help me the greatest. As now that my hormones have returned back to normal I dont have any excess DHT hence my hair shouldnt be falling out and just needs to regrow, hence the rogaine. Or should I bite the bullet and jump on the finasteride aswell?

What do people think?
Much thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Photo-0474.jpg
    Photo-0474.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,782

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Finasteride is always the number one course of action to take initially. I always say keep the Rogaine Foam up your sleeve for later, but definately don't start them at the same time. I think if you continue to take steroids you will need more Finasteride to counter the extra DHT created. If I was going to go on the juice id defintely get on dutasteride. If you have decided to stay off the roids then id just for the 1.25mg of Proscar (Finasteride). After 12 months if you're unhappy with the results jump on the Rogaine Foam for your crown.

Good Luck.

brickie24

Reaction score
well if i decide to do another cycle ill be staying away from highly androgenic compounds.

I thought Finasteride stops hair loss by inhibiting the conversion of DHT from testosterone. So less DHT means less hair falling out.

But the reason why I lost my hair was because I "USE TO" have high levels of DHT from the steroids, but now my DHT levels have returned back to normal (and when my levels were normal I never lost hair)

So why would inhibiting DHT help with regrowing my hair? as my DHT levels shouldnt be a problem now.

Thats why I thought the best route would be to use Rogaine to grow back the lost hair.

Please correct me if im wrong, but do you understand what im kinda saying here?

Your help is greatly appreciated :hairy: <-- i need to stay looking like this haha

metalheaddude

Reaction score
brickie24 said:
well if i decide to do another cycle ill be staying away from highly androgenic compounds.

I thought Finasteride stops hair loss by inhibiting the conversion of DHT from testosterone. So less DHT means less hair falling out.

But the reason why I lost my hair was because I "USE TO" have high levels of DHT from the steroids, but now my DHT levels have returned back to normal (and when my levels were normal I never lost hair)

So why would inhibiting DHT help with regrowing my hair? as my DHT levels shouldnt be a problem now.

Thats why I thought the best route would be to use Rogaine to grow back the lost hair.

Please correct me if im wrong, but do you understand what im kinda saying here?

Your help is greatly appreciated :hairy: <-- i need to stay looking like this haha

Have you ever seen Jay Cutlers hairline? Well as you can see based on his pic below he has like Norwood ZERO hairline. Now its no secret these top bodybuilder guys are on the roids, but why hasnt Jay suffered any hairloss? Shouldnt he also get at least a little hairloss like you have because of increased DHT levels just like you had? Well the difference between you and him is Jay doesnt have the male pattern baldness gene! Hence it doesnt matter how much DHT he has in his system, his hair just isnt effected by it, because he does not have the genetics for it. You on the other hand clearly do. So basically what im saying is, steroids may have sped up the male pattern baldness process a little quicker for you BUT it was inevitable. Simple fact is you dont need a lot of DHT in your system in the first place to make your hair fall out. Bottom line is get on finasteride dude, you will not regret it 5-10 years from now when you still have a full head of hair. Just my two cents.

jay-cutler3.jpg

Sean68

Reaction score
i started to comment then i realised i dont know much about weights and hairloss and whether your hair should grow back if you quit the supplements. if your hair wasnt falling out before
it might be that simple or maybe youve triggered the process...i dont know.

antonio666

Reaction score
your hasir looks about the same as mine is now although i had very black hair that is now turning a dull brown because of the thinning,i

brickie24

Reaction score
Yer I understand completly where you are coming from.

But if you are susceptible to male pattern baldness then different people would need different amounts of DHT before their hair starts falling out, im just saying that as no one would be the same.

Im sure there are many people out there who are susceptible to male pattern baldness but have never lost hair because their DHT levels were never high enough.
I dont know if that is a valid point but if it is, im hoping that im one of them whos hair will never fall out because ill never have high DHT levels, apart from that one time with steroids.

Ive read heaps about how once you get off finasteride you will lose the gains youve made while on, how true is this with rogaine? once you stop minoxidil do you lose the hair?

Im scared of finasteride because of the sides, i know the libido problems are a real issue.

Pondle

Reaction score
Male pattern hair loss is a progressive condition with hair on various regions of the scalp becoming increasingly sensitive to DHT (or androgens more generally) as time progresses. It is not a matter of DHT simply reaching some kind of benchmark beyond which you start to bald; instead hair follicles gradually seem to lose tolerance for androgens.

Yes, you lose any gains from minoxidil after stopping treatment. The only 'permanent' solution to hair loss is a transplant, but this is only really redistributing, rather than regrowing, hair.

Finasteride, like any medicine, can cause side effects. However, the clinical trials showed that they are generally infrequent, mild and reversible with discontinuation of treatment.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
good choice getting on roid!

brickie24

Reaction score
you can see the length of my hair in the photo, would you recomended the foam or liquid rogaine?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
RaginDemon said:
good choice getting on roid!

Are you being serious?

f*** no!

Roids are for pussys who can't handle the pain.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
lol thought so. Just checking :woot: