Introductory Thread- Minoxidil Regime

Stagger Lee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking these forums for the past few months and finally decided to go ahead and just register.

As a brief background, I'm a 26 year old male who has been dealing with moderate hair loss since I was ~22 years old. I've always maintained short hair (buzzed on the sides and trimmed with scissors on top). At age 22, I started noticing my hair thinning slightly but didn't give it much consideration as it was still fairly minimal up to that point. The hair loss continued, and over the course of this summer, I began to notice (what I consider to be) a substantial shed of my hairs all over my head- mostly in my crown and hairline. My hairline crept back a centimeter or so from the months of February '14 - September '14 and by September, my barber was reaching the crisis point where he was running out of hairs to leave long in the crown- my scalp was starting to peak through and there was no end in sight for my male pattern baldness.

I wanted to officially register and share with you all my experience so far with Rogaine foam as I'm now finishing my 8th week (just about 2 month mark) on the product.

First Month:

I didn't really notice much over the first two weeks. My hair was continuing its shed, but I wasn't sure how much was attributed to male pattern baldness or the addition of the Rogaine foam. At about the 3-4 week mark, I did notice an increase in shedding and did my best to not panic. From weeks 5-6, the shedding continued and my hair was at an all-time low at this point.

It was not until the 7th week (about 12-14 days ago now) that I inspected my hairline and saw a few random sprouts that were about a centimeter below my receded hairline. I was pretty excited as these were definitely not there a few days prior. Through the 7th week, I continued to see more sprouts turning into terminal hairs (!). Now, through this last week (my 8th week on regiment), my hair is growing like a damn chia pet! Significant regrowth in both my crown and hairline...and an overall thickening to the entire top of my head.

I wanted to share my experience to this point as I honestly did not expect to see results like this at all- let alone after only 8 weeks on the regiment. I could not be happier with my state of hair today and am excited to continue my treatment going into the future! My goal in sharing my experience is to provide honest evidence to anyone who may be interested in trying minoxidil. I may or may not be uploading pictures as I'm still undecided how I feel about that- in any event, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted with my progress!

Current regiment:

Rogaine Foam 5% (2x per day) used on damp scalp (post shower)
Nutri-ox for thinning hair Shampoo and Conditioner
Men's Multivitamin (w/ biotin)
Saw Palmetto capsule in morning

General observations from regiment:

- Very minor dandruff- I was prepared for more when starting
- Minimal itching on occasion
- Wrinkles on forehead/bags under eyes (These are fairly minimal and, honestly, I don't know how much of a role minoxidil plays here

I'm excited to continue my regiment and am ecstatic that I've responded so well so far! Good luck to anyone on minoxidil- please feel free to ask me any questions as I'd like to share what has worked so far for me!

-Stagger

- - - Updated - - -

I believe this thread should've gone in the Introductory folder- my apologies!