IQ_9630's story - (age 24)

IQ_9630

Reaction score
Hi All,

Firstly i would like to thank all for participating on this forum. Good on you lads!! First a little introduction. I am 24 years old and have always sported an Afro for 6-8 months of the years before having a haircut. My hair has always been a "little" thin on the top fringe to middle bit. But not too noticeable. Recently on my way to work up the lift i noticed only briefly under a light that i could see my scalp. So i decided to have a little trim to see whats going on. During my haircut, i asked my barber if he noticed any thinning on top. He inspected and replied that my hair was OK and he noticed no thinning. Well i decided to inspect my self and noticed that under a lighti could really see my scalp from the front fringe. I asked several people at work and at home to inspect my scalp. Everybody said i was being overly paranoid. But when i asked the same people to inspect under a bright light. They all agreed that there was some thinnage. My father has absolutly no Thinnage at 58. His blessed with a full Fro!! My uncles on my moms side on the other hand are all have minimal hair left, with hairloss even affecting some of my aunties.

So i decided to take a proactive approach and proceeded to advanced Hair. What a joke!!. I ran into there "Consultant of the year". I left feeling absolutely guttered and crap. I was told that i would loose the majority of my hair in 6-12 months time. That Finastride was dangerous and that 30% of men experience irreversible erectile issues coupled with impotence. He proceeded to tell me that i should use there laser therapy program for $4000 and that the deal ends this Week!!! Never Again. I know a sales man when i see it.

So i marched on to my GP who said there was minor thinnage and prescribed Elocon for use every night. He also ordered a blood test to be done. He asked for my Test, Cortisol and Zinc levels to be tested. My question is from the below images, what Norwood level am i at, and is it a Beginning case that is advacning. Have i cought this out Early..

Thank You

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,304
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Pic 5.jpg
    Pic 5.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 176

Smaja

Reaction score
Re: Introducing.... Me

It looks like you've inherited the balding gene I'm afraid, I'd say you are a NW1 - 1.5 with some diffuse thinning. finasteride works great for that type of loss and you caught it early which means you are pretty much a success story waiting to happen. If you are worried about the sides take a small dose, say .25 or .5mg and monitor things for a few weeks, stop taking it if any side effects dont go away in 2 weeks.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

you have caught it early but if you wanna save the rest then take action now. Also, your afro is probably hiding the true extent of hair loss. If you buzzed it all off, I bet you will see a lot more scalp. I naturally have curly hair so my thinning was also a bit hidden until I buzzed it.... Get on the big 3 or at least finasteride and nizoral

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey welcome to the board. looks like pretty standard diffuse thinning to me, and i agree the fro is hiding the extent of the loss.

luckily you did catch it early, so i'd suggest getting on finasteride/propecia as soon as possible.

IQ_9630

Reaction score

Thank you for the reply everybody. Yes, its as i suspected. Some questions fellas. Would it be advisable for me to start Minoxidil, Nizarol and Finastride? Or just Finstride.
on its own. Will i see results if i maintain a 0.25mg or 0.50mg dose of Finastride? I'm thinking if i cycle Finastride then i might be able to reduce any long term side effects