Irreversible Side Effects

Z-Man

Reaction score
I started Finpecia (generic Propecia) a month ago but stopped at the first sign of lowered libido. It seemed to make me hornier, face oilier, and then one night I went out and had no sexual desire. I'm not saying that finasteride cause this lowered libido, and I was able to get all my desire back in a few days, but stopped immediately after reading accounts of irreversible sexual sides.

One website dedicated to this is http://www.propeciasideeffects.com. So anyone have any insite, stories, experiences? I don't wanna f--- up my system for good but would like to keep my hair.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Z-Man said:
I started Finpecia (generic Propecia) a month ago but stopped at the first sign of lowered libido. It seemed to make me hornier, face oilier, and then one night I went out and had no sexual desire. I'm not saying that finasteride cause this lowered libido, and I was able to get all my desire back in a few days, but stopped immediately after reading accounts of irreversible sexual sides.

Good move better safe than sorry, I would leave Propecia well alone.

Once more, well done.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Thanks, but you're taking finasteride! What experiences have you had? Seems like good ones since you've been on it 10 months.

Like I said, the reduced libido may or may not have been related to finasteride. I've always had horny periods followed by less horny periods intermingled with no libido at all, then horny again. My goal is to weigh the risks with the benefits.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Z-Man said:
Thanks, but you're taking finasteride! What experiences have you had? Seems like good ones since you've been on it 10 months.[/quoe]

If you read my regimen will see I have been on Proscar 25 months not 10 motnhs.

[quote="Z-Man":5a3f6]Like I said, the reduced libido may or may not have been related to finasteride. I've always had horny periods followed by less horny periods intermingled with no libido at all, then horny again. My goal is to weigh the risks with the benefits.
[/quote:5a3f6]

The risks are small.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Well, I don't necessarily call a worthless wang a "small" risk unless the size of...well....nevermind.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm puzzled. Did you have ANY side effects that went away with continued treatment?

Idaho X

Reaction score
For the vast majority of people the side effects go away within three months. Mine did. The choice is yours. Stick it out with the finasteride and see what happens. Or go bald.

Z-Man

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with generics (Fincar, Finpecia) vs. Propecia and Proscar? Were there any difference in efficacy, side effects, etc? If I'm gonna go on finasteride, I think I'd rather go with the real deal cause the FDA has strict standards.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
here's my advice...

take finasteride, but dont jackoff so often. You will regain your 'sexual desire' in no time flat you horny little feckers!

Jeff71913

Reaction score
Propecia and Saw Palmetto

I have been taking Propecia for nearly one year now. I had very low sex drive for about 1.5 months then everything went back to normal. I have experienced good results with Propecia and Minoxidil, however about one month ago I started taking one 450mg capsule of Saw Palmetto every other day and the results have been remarkable. I was trying to duplicate the effects of Dutasteride and I think it's working. I have seen amazing new growth well into my receeding hairline. Futhermore, I have experienced no ill side effects as of yet. I know this might not be a smart move, but I felt the need to give it a try.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
It's strange that every now and then we get a load of anti-Propecia posts all at once from new members. Anyone would think that companies peddling other 'treatments' were behind it!