Irwin2012's story

Irwin2012

Reaction score
Well I have fine brown hair that gets wavy and curly when if gets wet. I'm 55 and the aging process has been rather fun so far. I told people that I feel like and adolescent. Every time I look in the mirror, something looks like it is changing. Everyone told me how I don't really look my age. And I don't. But yesterday hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought that my hair would grow and then I would get it cut... just like since I have been a child, my hair grow and I get it cut. And I thought it would be like that until it was that time to leave this Earth. But yesterday I found out that this is not necessarily true.
Yesterday I looked in the mirror. I can see most of my hair on my main bedroom mirror as I turn the medicine cabinet open. Well for some reason I wanted to check how the back of my head was doing. I had been noticing that when it was time to dry my hair after a shower that I saw more of the light shining through my hair like I was bald. But when I turned to light off, my hair went back to looking normal. Well it happened. I took a look at the back of my hair and I saw what I now know is the classic start of male pattern hair loss. I have a bald spot on the top of my crown.
But this is really hitting me hard because not only do I want hair to grow, but I want "my hair" to go back to the original scenario. That was, I look in the mirror and I see that my hair is too long. Then I get it cut. Then it looks good.
And then it grows back.
So I'm having a lot of trouble coping with head with a bald spot with more haif to lose that looks like it is ready to leave me too and soon.
I could even see what looked to be what is in store for me. I saw the beginning of the silhouette of what looked like what my hair would look like when it is finished. And what I saw was hair left on the sides of my head. The rest of it looks like its going to leave in the near future. Maybe the next 2 years or so.
So I came here not to so much as grow my hair back, but came here for a bit of support. I feel like I lost a close friend of mine. That friend was my hair.
But the last thing I want to happen is to fall pray to some company that gives you promise that if you keep using their product, my hair start to grow again.
I can imagine after 6 months, I don't see a change. And then I email the company and say that my hair is not coming back. And then they say, "don't worry. Your hair will come back." And when I ask when it will come back, their answer will be "soon." Then when I ask when "soon" will be "now." And then they tell me "very soon."
So that's my story. All my hair is leaving me. And it is leaving me soon.

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Who me? Can't be!

I know this dosn't help, as it sucks to start losing your hair at any age, but you should be thankful you've only started losing hair at this later stage in your life rather than in your late teens/early twenties like me and many others have to deal with :)

Irwin2012

Reaction score
Well I did some reading and I think I know what happened. I have been injecting testosterone replacement for the last 5 year. I think I bought on what to my head what was suppose to happen later on in my life.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
If the testosterone levels stays inside of the reference values I would guess it shouldn't cause too major increase on dht levels. When you inject hormones like testosterone when you don't need it (bodybuilding / gaining lean muscle ) it will increase dht on the level that will cause a hair loss.