Is 20 Grand Enough?

G

I have 24 grand australian saved up,It is around the same as american money.I am a diffuse thinner and want to get my whole head filled up.Am i dreaming? I am a norwood 1 with diffuse thining.Im thinking of quiting rogaine and just sticking with revivogen and a transplant.Would feller be good?i would like fue but i want to get the most bang for my limited cash.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
$24k would probably be enough for a strip surgery considering you have adequate donor supply (~5k-6k). Not sure how it's going to look in 10-15 years tho, but by then we'll probably have HM or Follica so it probably won't matter anyway.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly what do you mean by getting your whole head filled up? If you literally have hair loss on your whole head, you're probably not a candidate for a hair transplant at all.

G

Im diffuse all over,I still have hair but its getting thin big time.I also have hairloss on the sides of my head.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've got hairloss on the sides of your head then you are not a good candidate for a hair transplant. Diffuse is the worst type of hairloss for a hair transplant, it's better to be receding or receded.

G

I think you may be right.My friend had a hair transplant with martinick at age 23,He also had hairloss on the sides of his head and now regrets it big time.Not only did martinick butcher him and leave him with a big scar and poor regrowth,She also worked on him at such a young age which cant be ethical.The guy is horrifically sacred and has the most stringy unnatural looking hair.

IBM

Reaction score
Davidoff dont you have afraid of transplant follicles near other follicles to have density? What i mean is that you're not going to transplant in a area without hair at all but in a diffused area? The follicles wont be damaged due to procedure?

Why you dont use finasteride?

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Diffusers are different than male pattern baldness in men because they can lose hair in their donor area, which is supposed to be resistant to male pattern baldness/DHT. With you only being in your mid 20's, i would say its not a money issue unfortunately. Its the idea of a surgeon placing grafts that may diffuse, defeating the purpose. Depending on the severity, you will be hard pressed to find a surgeon(one you would actually want) to do a procedure here in the states. I would say keep saving, wait on HM, which I honestly believe will be a reality.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
I have 24 grand australian saved up,It is around the same as american money.I am a diffuse thinner and want to get my whole head filled up.Am i dreaming? I am a norwood 1 with diffuse thining.Im thinking of quiting rogaine and just sticking with revivogen and a transplant.Would feller be good?i would like fue but i want to get the most bang for my limited cash.

Wait some more, you are too young.... I hate this advise because it was the same one I got. But it is sound advise. You need to research more. Dont rush into a strip just because that is what you can afford today.
I chose fue and bht because I could exercise the buzz cut option if I lost too much more hair and did not feel like getting more transplants. Think it over.

G

Rwt_Raj said:
Davidoff said:

Wait some more, you are too young.... I hate this advise because it was the same one I got. But it is sound advise. You need to research more. Dont rush into a strip just because that is what you can afford today.
I chose fue and bht because I could exercise the buzz cut option if I lost too much more hair and did not feel like getting more transplants. Think it over.
Thanks i agree.