is a hair transplant worth it?

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
been taking finasteride+min+nizoral and 2 days ago it looked so bad i switched back to liquid min from foam cus i felt like liquid was helping better, but i dont know anymore been like forever and my hair looks worse than the landscape in fallout 4.

how does a hair trasnplant work against male pattern baldness/diffuse thinning? So basically they take follicles from your body and put them on your scalp? so doesn't the DHT kill those new transplanted follicles too? is it even worth doing?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
A hair transplant is totally worth it if you care that much about having good hair again. It's best to get one when you know you're stabilized on treatment and not losing anymore hair. Grafts are taken from the traditional donor area, which is the back and sides of the head through FUE or FUT method. The transplanted follicles won't be killed by DHT because they're already genetically resistant to the androgen.

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
A hair transplant is totally worth it if you care that much about having good hair again. It's best to get one when you know you're stabilized on treatment and not losing anymore hair. Grafts are taken from the traditional donor area, which is the back and sides of the head through FUE or FUT method. The transplanted follicles won't be killed by DHT because they're already genetically resistant to the androgen.

ah sounds sweet :) how will i know when I am stabilized on treatment? also why the hell would anyone get those little wigs that you glue on to your scalp?? i would MUCH rather get a transplant...though hoping i get some progress with my big 3 soon...:( switched back to liquid minoxidil which i felt was helping before...pls help me hair loss gods!!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
ah sounds sweet :) how will i know when I am stabilized on treatment? also why the hell would anyone get those little wigs that you glue on to your scalp?? i would MUCH rather get a transplant...though hoping i get some progress with my big 3 soon...:( switched back to liquid minoxidil which i felt was helping before...pls help me hair loss gods!!

If your balding isn't getting worse on treatment, then you'll be fine. Remember though, you really need to know you're stabilized for sure.

Getting a hair piece is the very last resort if transplants and treatments aren't viable options.