Is a random shed EVER good?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Im not talking about a shed after starting a new treatment or anything

Im on finasteride and minoxidil btw but haven't made any changes in quite a while. However the past few weeks im clearly shedding. Obviously im desperate it doesnt get as bad as it did 6 months ago when i had stopped minoxidil - brutal.

So, as per above, is such a random shed ever going to be a good thing or is it a sign of continuing decline?

SheNShred

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure random sheds are all a part of the deal. I have random sheds all the time. Some are worse then others, So far I have picked about 10 hairs off my desk sense I have been here today. The shower after the gym will be worse I'm sure. Any other insights about this? I'm always wondering if the random sheds will someday stop.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
What u mean part of the deal

part of the deal of male pattern baldness?

or the treatments?

i never had any sheds pre-treatment, it was just a slow but constant decline. Now its 3 steps back but 2 forward. Kinda messes with the head

b0ngman

Reaction score
I have been taking 1/5 fincar and minoxidil for about 2 years now pretty consistently

I feel like my hair was maintaing pretty well and I was not really losing any ground

But recently my hair has seemed shitty

The weather has been dry and cold... I have been under stress and havent been sleeping as much (not THAT bad though). Overall... each hair seems much thinner and more delicate and I can really tell because I keep my hair at a #3 on top.

I dunno what it is I feel like I my hair was stable until now. Maybe its a random shed, maybe its environmental conditions, maybe its a bad batch of fincar from united. Hope it gets a little better.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
b0ngman said:
I have been taking 1/5 fincar and minoxidil for about 2 years now pretty consistently

I feel like my hair was maintaing pretty well and I was not really losing any ground

But recently my hair has seemed shitty

The weather has been dry and cold... I have been under stress and havent been sleeping as much (not THAT bad though). Overall... each hair seems much thinner and more delicate and I can really tell because I keep my hair at a #3 on top.

I dunno what it is I feel like I my hair was stable until now. Maybe its a random shed, maybe its environmental conditions, maybe its a bad batch of fincar from united. Hope it gets a little better.

sounds very simular to mine, you can really see my scalp when i shaved my hair number 3, the back andsides are very thick :shakehead: