is all minoxidil.....minoxidil?

norwood_6

Reaction score
i mean its pretty rampant that people favor one brand over another on these boards. i mean is there really that much of a drastic difference or are people looking to blame minoxidil and finasteride on their proggressing hairloss? the only advantage i see on the brands is one dries faster thats it.

also my question for the night is------- who do you apply minoxidil? do you rub it in your scalp or run a straight line from forehead to crown?

the stuff is pretty greasy!

when my rogain 5% is almost gone ill order dr lee's 12% and run that till i see if minoxidil works for me

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ofcourse its the best product i have used and it thickens existing hair which is awesome and proved to be regrowing one thing it doesnt do is to stop hairloss and for that use propecia and thats about it.

G

norwood_6 said:
.......i mean is there really that much of a drastic difference.....

No, 5% minoxidil is pretty much 5% minoxidil, Kirkland, Rogaine, Dr Lee all in theory produce the same results.

norwood_6 said:
the only advantage i see on the brands is one dries faster thats it.

And maybe cost.

norwood_6 said:
also my question for the night is------- who do you apply minoxidil? do you rub it in your scalp or run a straight line from forehead to crown?

Put the minoxidil where your hair is thinning/receding, try and get as much as possible on your scalp and as little as possible in your hair, if you find using your fingers to rub it in and spread it around helps then use your fingers.

I now have given up on the 'dauber' thing and use a pipet to suck 1ml out of the bottle and apply it drop by drop where needed and rub it in with my (now hairy) fingers.

norwood_6 said:
the stuff is pretty greasy!

Sure is! I used Rogaine for 15 months, it worked just as it should, filling in and thickening my hair, but it is greasy and takes an awfully long tme to dry.

norwood_6 said:
when my rogain 5% is almost gone ill order dr lee's 12% and run that till i see if minoxidil works for me

Why not just start off with his 5% minoxidil (it's actually 5.5%/fast drying/Product 500)?

norwood_6

Reaction score
ok i been on rogain for a few days and i hate the way i feel on it, my nipples ache and my stomaches bloats to all hell and i get all kinds of cramps and pains. why the intense reaction to rogain? should i try the 2%???

Axon

Reaction score
What you've just described should not happen with Minoxidil, given the nature of the drug and its relation to the body.

G

Like Axon says, that does not sound like a known effect of minoxidil (or alcohol/PPG) ?