Is hair loss really that bad?

jdamon18

Reaction score
I have had a receding hairline for about 3 years, I am lucky in that it has receded really really slowly and can still do my hair like I always did. But I realized one thing the other day, is hair loss really that big of deal. Chances are it's not, if your worried about attracting women, girls really don't care to much (ie. Heath Ledger he's almost bald and chicks love him)and if they do they're probably not worth it anyway. Obviously i wish my hair wasnt receding but it's a fact of life and my life's not gonna end because of it. There are far worse things to worry about, i remember hearing Lance Armstrong saying once how he will have his head shaved for the rest of his life, one reported asked him why and he said "because after what I went through and the fact that i'm just happy to be alive, I'll never worry about something as stupid as my hair ever again." Anyway life goes on, and just remember chicks love guys with shaved heads.

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
wouldn't it be nice if you really CAN keep your hair for a cheap price wouldnt it??? We arent all cancer patients and havent experienced anything so traumatic.. and i dont think that going bald is THAT bad.. i mean the only thing you can blame for people freaking out about going bald is yourself...

G

I am lucky in that it has receded really really slowly and can still do my hair like I always did. But I realized one thing the other day, is hair loss really that big of deal.

You may think it is a big deal if your hair loss is rapid and you can't 'do your hair like you always did'

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
true dat ty. if i was jude law slowly receeding back, and thick everywhere else. i wouldn't give a rat's *** about going bald. i would just spike it up and say screw it, it's going back, i'll get on propecia to slow it down. try saying that with a wispy-*** hairline. i understand your point though.

G

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."

-Marcus Aurelius

Do I believe this? Well, I haven't reached that stage of mental evolution just yet...

G

Alopecia-Nate said:
"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."

-Marcus Aurelius

Although true, I always think these philosophical mussings ignore the fact that embarassement, shame, humiliation, selfawareness have their social/evolutionary roles.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I miss using gel, being able to have 'wet' hair. Girls telling me my hair is "so soft" doesn't exactly make me feel better since it used to feel rough..

Age also plays a huge role, girls in their early 20's aren't exactly excited about a shiny dome. A lot of it is status for her, she might not care but her family, friends ect will give her sh*t for it.

Bottom line is no one feels sympothy for a blady, i say f*** em.

G

Can someone translate this for me? I've not been able to make heads or asses of anything matgallis has ever said...

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate said:
Can someone translate this for me? I've not been able to make heads or asses of anything matgallis has ever said...

*cough*

The bottom line in all this is, that noone has sympathy for a baldy. f*** them. f*** them right in the ear.

:D

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bone Daddy said:
[quote="Alopecia-Nate":69fa3]

*cough*

The bottom line in all this is, that noone has sympathy for a baldy. f*** them. f*** them right in the ear.

:D[/quote:69fa3]

Or in the navel.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Girls like a body more then hair..and thats the truth..if you go bald and you dont have atleast a body..you are not gonna get anywhere..unless you find the rare breed who likes the inside and doesnt watter what you look like...but like i said this is a rare breed

andy

Reaction score
thats bull blue. if you get atracted to someone, the inside counts very much

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
True but you cant like just the inside of a person you do have to find them attractive.