Is it normal? Please help :)

candlelight

Reaction score
i didn't know where to post this.
so if any mods out there know please do change :)

I have been on propecia for 4 almost 5 months now and at first i had some libido problems,
but they have disappeared! but before i started the treatment i had a lot of hair remaining the sad part of it all is
that i have lost a tremendous amount of hair in this short time.

before treatment i only lost like 5 to 6 hairs in the shower now around 20 to 30 none of them are growing back,
i do have to say that those velus hairs have become longer so they might fall out and hopes they get thicker. so basically my question is.
is it normal to look worse the first months into treatment? before you see any regrowt or any stabilization?

thank you for reading this! also english is not my main langue so i hope i have translated everything as clear as possible withouth a lot of typo's ;-)

IMG_7671.jpgIMG_7672.JPG

The first one i took today this is finasteride 1 mg + minoxidil the second one is from minoxidil alone and was from August 25

current regime

Minoxidil 5%
Finasteride 1 mg
Nizoral 2%

New pictures will be on the 10th of February.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
they will grow back just stay on it it's a longterm med not instant regrowth and stoppage of shedding in only a few weeks or even 3 months. Shedding for some people will never stop but this is not a problem if miniaturization is taking place. It is absolutely normal to be worse off 2-6 months into treatment

candlelight

Reaction score
thank you for the reply and also sorry for the late response back did check it! but never got the time to type it down. i do hope you are right ^^ since it has gotten worse.. I do hope it's just a shutdown to make room for newer and healtier hair ^^

- - - Updated - - -

also i'm going to stop minoxidil for one week. it's day three and i have no loss at all.
Could be a coincidence ? or a sign that i might be allergic? :)

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you get any shedding it will be a few weeks from now. I had to stop minoxidil for a week and a half in mid july, and I saw massive shedding going into september

candlelight

Reaction score
wanted to say i'm almost at month 5 with finasteride and for the past week i think *fingers crossed* my shedding has stopped. could be of the nizoral could be the finasteride who knows! but from 20+ a day in the shower to only 4 or less :) also when applying minoxidil also lost around +/- 18 hairs while now only 6 to 7 hairs ^^it's not a big difference but for a daily routine on a year basis it's a lot! :uglylol:

I've also added Nizoral schampoo to my regime & is trying to stop smoking! i'm already from 25 sig to 4 or 5 a day :) next couple of weeks trying to stop completely.

I am going to change my intake of minoxidil from 2 times a day to only once a day since i alway's forget or to tired putting it on in the evening i'm just going to slowly only apply it in the morning.

Also does anyone know how many times you need to use nizoral? also is it normal that your hair feels dry after applying the nizoral? it does look fuller also the feel but afterwards it just feels so damn dry !

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Also does anyone know how many times you need to use nizoral? also is it normal that your hair feels dry after applying the nizoral? it does look fuller also the feel but afterwards it just feels so damn dry !

I feel the same way. Thats why i stopped using it for a while. But im back on it. Anyone else?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
use nizoral twice weekly DO NOT USE MORE THAN THAT. Yes nizoral dries out your hair, that's normal