Is it normal to shed body hair while in finasteride?

kuros456

Reaction score
I've been taking 1.25mg of finasteride every day for the past 9 months, and haven't noticed any major improvements til recently. It seems like I'm shedding less from my scalp, and more from my body. I first noticed little hairs all over my desk at work, and at first i thought they were from my head, but then i realized they were coming from my arms. If i rub my arms or legs, i will notice hair falling out almost evey time.

I know there is a link between DHT and more body hair, so maybe the fact that it's falling out and miniaturizing could mean there is less DHT in my body.

Don't get me wrong, i'm actually excited about this since i'm a pretty hairy guy, and i can't stand my body hair, but i was just wondering if anyone could confirm if the is normal, and that the finasteride. is finally starting to work., Thanks in advance!

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just started my treatment. I hope I get this 'side effect' too. I'm one hairy mofo!

I've noticed that hairy guys are also more like to lose hair on the scalp. It's related.