Is it Normal too...

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for your hair to shed quite bad when it is really greasy or when oil is applied too to the scalp? Whenever I massage my hair with oil quite a lot of hair comes out the sames comes out when it is quite greasy... Does this happened to men with no male pattern baldness what so ever?

Jacob

Reaction score
He must mean the "hair oils" out there..various combos or single oils geared towards hair loss.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean peppermint oil and stuff into the scalp, loads of people do it. :woot:

No one has answered my question :shakehead:

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
HONEY, LET ME ANSWER YOUR QUESTION: yes...it's fine. most oils (examples: Olive Oil, Canola, Egg Yolk, etc.) will do this: they WILL take some hair, but remember it's ok! yes, they take hair, BUT it's because they are such good cleaners! they leave your scalp really clean, and healthy for hair to grow. do not let this alarm you. MOST people (even those who are not going through a series of hair loss) will lose some hair with oils! but just because they improve scalp health and allow a potential for future hair to grow...it DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOUDL DO THIS SO OFTEN. now, i don't know how often you should oil up and clean your scalp with such practices, BUT...if you get that information from an expert...you'll be set! good luck. and don't worry. WORRYING NEVER HELPS. it's normal to lose some hairs (which will most likely grow back) when using oils. just don't do it TOO MUCH.