is it obvious if you lose a graft after your Hair Transplant

youngnat

Reaction score
just wondering if its blaintantly (excuse my spelling) obvious if you lose a graft 1 or 2 weeks after the hair transplant? with either excessive bleeding or a big root found in your hat or on the bed sheets?

I havent had any bleeding.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The danger time for losing grafts is really the first 24 hrs after a couple of days they will have healed in and to lose one would be nearly impossible.
Many patients mistake the shedding of a grafted hair for losing a graft, if you do lose a graft its like a tiny fleshy sack and it will bleed. If you just see a hair and root (bulb) dont worry this is just the shedding phase.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
If you lose them directly after the surgery you will know. I found about three directly after the surgery in my scalp cap while I was still "oozy."

The grafts started shedding at about 8-10 days.

youngnat

Reaction score
is that because you werent careful that you lost 3 grafts? you must of been gutted! then i guess its only 3....

yea im 99.99999999999999% sure i didnt lose any, no additional bleeding and no big rooted hair shafts in my hat. all is well...

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
It was literally directly post-op and I found three grafts in the medical scalp cap the surgeon gave me to wear home from his office. I was an "oozer" and I suppose those three grafts just weren't bonded tightly yet.

youngnat

Reaction score
my scabs are loosening, its taken me a while, maybe cos im not putting enough pressure in the shower not sure, but its nearly 3 weeks and only half are dislodged, the hair in the grafts seem to be shedding with each scab also, like they are trapped inside the scab

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah, thats perfectly normal. Those grafts are ready to shed and the scab will take them with it when it comes off.

youngnat

Reaction score
does shock hair loss happen anywhere on the head? because 3 weeks post op im now really REALLY itchy and irritated on an area which isnt part of the recipient area, and is above the donor strip, its on the back of my head and a couple inches above the donor strip, whenever i pull at the hair there quite a few come out, they are thick and healthy and dont appear miniatured, do u think aloe vera will sooth it? perhaps i should go see a dermatologist or doctor about whether its normal cos i can feel it getting raw, heaps of hair there, but irritation

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its common to get weird sensations above the donor strip area. This is just the nerves healing, numbness and stuff can last 6months. You'll only get shockloss directly along the scar (usually undrneath) and in the recipient area.

youngnat

Reaction score
must be some sort of dermatitis, ive got flakey skin and lately its pretty itchy/irritated, i get 5 or 6 thick hairs coming out if i run or lightly pull my hands through that part, like severe dandruff and build up, just above donor area (not on the strip)