Is it possible for finasteride to cause or worsen hairloss?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
some people report some shedding but that should be only temporary as the new hairs are pushed through.

Pelle

Reaction score
I think finasteride doesn't cause a worsen hairloss. I believe it is possible that fina isnt helping for you but don't believe that it will get worser.

Some guy on that topic was thinking the same (that his hairloss get worsen):

-----------------
Well after about a month off, my hair went downhill really fast. I jumped back on the finasteride after seeing where I was headed. (no pun intended)

Ive been back on it since sept, and in the past month have seen it finally turn around. While off it, my scalp was really really sore, I could literally feel the hair being attacked. was awful. I am sure I lost alot of ground, but at this point its not that cosmetically noticable, only to myself when its wet or I mess with it.

So, I have a new feeling about finasteride, all my ideas of it making it worse, were I believe - in my case, my own denial of what was happening to me.

Looking at photos from years ago, I can see the start of it, before I ever knew what propecia was. So, such are our genes.

I am sticking with the finasteride, and have added t/gel extra strength - this shampoo has worked WONDERS for me, scalp pain totally gone and shedding is wayy down to almost not even at all. I had also been using nizoral before it, but find I like how the t/gel leaves my hair, without any product in it or anything.

I have zero sides, i work out quite a bit and eat a macrobiotic / vegan diet also, but no sexual sides, or anything else like that. I wake up, pop my pill, and thats it. easy, and I can honestly say, its a relief to see it actually helping.

Hopefully in my case it will slow down the loss enough for a few years, then if there is nothing on the market, i'll take my 40k to armani and have a party.

happy new years guys

-william
--------------------

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the whole thing exactly. When I started Fincar 5 months ago I was like Norwood 1.5 with some spot thining at the front. My hairline was still thick. Didn't notice shedding and past the 4 month didn't had any difference. Well in the last 1 month things changed a lot - my hairline got worse I would say, temples recession and thining at the front. Shedding increased and still on. I thought this fincar is fake or something, so I droped it and got Proscar, now I'm on it for 20 days. I just don't know is it because of that generic not working good enough, is finasteride making things worse for me, is it just bad shedding ? Many questions but only time can show. I decided to give Proscar 6 months to year and add Minoxidil. Thats the only thing I can do to compare the results.

Pelle

Reaction score
Are there people who experienced a worsen overall look on the scalp in the first months (5 months) on finasteride, but get better in the following months?