Is it possible...

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to have thick hair, but still be a diffuse thinner? I have been on finasteride for three full months, could that just mean that all the hair I have shed is cycling through. I have decently thick hair, but am able to notice scalp showing like never before. Since I did shed which I expected, could it be that all my hairs I shed are in their "sleepy" stage. Naturally though I do not think many others notice but of course I do, just wondering about this question.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it is possible. I think I am that way, too. I have thick hair, but I am "thinning" in the sense that I am losing scalp coverage.

I use minoxidil, and I think that might help keep the hair that are not falling out as thick as they can be. When I get a hair cut, the barber always tells me I have really thick hair. Well, yeah, the hair that I do have, but I am still losing my hair, slowly but surely.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hard to say but it could happen with you. I know when you take propecia or minoxidil (more with minoxidil), your hair will get worse before it get better. Shedding heavy is normal in the first 3 to 6 months of using the product but after that period your hair should grow back thicker. It may not grow back more hair but thicker it should. Which most people seem to have thicker hair when taking it.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I knew going in my hair would get worse, but I figured only around the temples where I was losing it, not all over my scalp. I was just a bit curious as if it was possible to have thick hair and be a diffuse thinner. Also wondering if it was possible that my hair was in the resting stage since I never noticed any diffuse before except a bit around the temples. Hopefully though this is a good sign that my regrowth will be good.