is it safe to take Iron as a supplement?

Jm0311

Reaction score
yes they do...yea i have been trying to research some good supplements/vitamins to take to help my hair.

I currently take

Vitamin C
Zinc
MSM

trying to do more research...i dont wanna take much more maybe 1 more

Cassin

Reaction score
Then you may want to stay away from iron .

You can get a nice iron free multi rather easily. Look for ones that are designed for men and you will generally see "iron free."

Look into biotin for hair by the way.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Men do not to supplement iron in their diets unless they have a medical condition that warrants it.

In fact, studies are beginning to indicate that the reason men have more heart attacks before age 50 than women do, is partly due to the amt of iron in their blood.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It depends on what your diet is. Do you eat spinach, dried fruits or beans? If you eat properly then there is little need to take a multivitamin.

Jm0311

Reaction score
Thanks Cassin, yes i heard about Biotin. its in my Jasons thin to thick but its topical...how much can take a day? and whats is it good for in the hair?.............................searching now.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:)

It might not be a bad idea then. When I go on vacation I usually take a couple iron chewables as it is much harder for me to get iron as a veggie eater in a strange city.

Rintintin

Reaction score
the only time i've heard of anyone taking iron pills is if they have a medical problem where they dont produce enough or they don't eat meat.

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you dont need Iron dont take it!
I used Iron for a month and it completely screwed up my metabolism...and took another month to recover from it..avoid Iron..