Is it time to hop on finasteride ?

Animos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello fellow Users.

I was wondering if I should hop on finasteride ( don’t really want to start with finasteride+Min at the beginning ) to try saving my hairline and hair. I basically started balding around 16-17 and I’m now 21, my dad was a NW4a-5 at around 34 ( there are not a lot of pictures of him at my age ) Balding made me really self conscious, depressed and even suicidal that’s why I thought about starting finasteride, even though it’s quite expensive where I live ( around 1,14€ per pill ).
I was also wondering how the hairline ist passed down genetically and if there’s a chance of being lucky ( my (maternal) grandpa has basically been a Norwood-2-3 all his life from 18-80 and his hairline looks very similar to mine, even on younger pictures, huge forehead aswell) also my dad seems to be the only bald person in my whole family ( his brothers and dad weren’t bald, on my moms side nobody is bald )
I was also wondering if my current balding and increased shedding could be caused by other problems too, as I mentioned I’m heavily depressed ( very stressed all the time, lost around 26 lbs in 4,5 months, got SebDerm, sometimes forget to eat multiple days and my sleepcycle is completely destroyed ) I’ve also noticed that it’s very easy for me to pull out bodyhair ( almost like it’s not properly grown in place )

I’m really looking forward for some answers! ( sorry for my the infodump and my English, it’s not my first language )

Attachments

• IMG_4707.jpeg
    IMG_4707.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 41
  • d11b9870-a139-4ce9-9795-3307f8245ebe.jpeg
    d11b9870-a139-4ce9-9795-3307f8245ebe.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 41

Arthurandsam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go see a dermatologist and start finasteride yes some people have stabilized their hairline for several decades with it ! I hope you will not have sides ...

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try finasteride but take a half dose daily if it is too expensive for you. Just get a pill splitter and cut it in half. Studies show its still effective at that dosage.

The researchers discovered that the following levels reduced the concentrations of DHT within the scalp:

• 13% when using a placebo
  • 14.9% with a daily finasteride dosage of 0.01 mg
  • 61.6% with 0.05 mg of finasteride
  • 56.6 % with 0.2 mg of finasteride daily
  • 64.1 % by using 1 mg of Finasteride daily

Animos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try finasteride but take a half dose daily if it is too expensive for you. Just get a pill splitter and cut it in half. Studies show its still effective at that dosage.

The researchers discovered that the following levels reduced the concentrations of DHT within the scalp:

• 13% when using a placebo
  • 14.9% with a daily finasteride dosage of 0.01 mg
  • 61.6% with 0.05 mg of finasteride
  • 56.6 % with 0.2 mg of finasteride daily
  • 64.1 % by using 1 mg of Finasteride daily
Just got it prescribed today! I don’t know why but it’s way cheaper than when I would buy it online ( online around 120€ für 98 pills, now around 60€) I really hope it’ll work, I’ve read online that it’s supposed to be more effective when you start early so fingers crossed