Is it worth taking MSM and Biotin tablets after 3 months hair transplant?

jazz_007

Reaction score
Is it worth taking MSM and Biotin tablets after 3 months hair transplant? and how does MSM help your hair, I understand how biotin works but MSM ?

Any advice would be great

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont think msm does anything tbh, apparently it helps hair grow faster but I used it after some of my hair transplant's and I dont think so.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get everything you need from food sources. Natural sources of MSM include broccoli, cauliflower, eggs, onions, and for Biotin there is some crossover (eggs, onions, cauliflower) as well as other sources like walnuts, goat/cow milk, etc. I think most supplements are a poor substitute for food sources, except for maybe taking a vitamin D supplement in the Winter months if you have trouble getting enough natural sunlight.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
I liked MSM before my hair transplant, but after it, there are some problems.
The hair implanted in the frontal area is taken from the back, and is much stronger/healthy, and MSM makes it grow even stronger, so it will get very very thick, and grow very fast, and it will look unnatural compared to my old hair around the transplanted area...Oh, and, another bad thing: it makes implanted hair too "hard" and difficult to style.