Is my hair here to stay? Keeping a success story a success story

10000po

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and would like to go ahead and thank everyone for any advice given. I'm currently 22 and have been experiencing male pattern baldness for a year now. The hair loss was gradual until recently(3 months ago). It picked up and I decided to do something about it. Being of limited resources I took the cheapest route and less effective route of combating male pattern baldness. I began taking vitamins for hair, daily scalp massages 2x a day, and quit using nicotine. While quitting using dip was probably the biggest factor in my success, id like the believe the other two helpe in some way. Surprisingly enough My hair came back like wildfire and my entire head was soon engulfed with thick and new growth of hair. I couldn't be any happier than I am right now. However, I do still have spots where my hair growth has not reached. I'm currently happy with my hair but it would be great if I could get the full head of hair I used to have. So I was wondering the following:

1. Having such hair loss then regaining 75% back was wonderful, but I feel as I have only delayed the enevitable. Is this hair here to stay for good as long as I keep my practices?

2. Should I wait to use hair regrowth treatments (i.e. The big three) for later use? I have heard they lose effectiveness as time goes on and deduced I should wait until I had an educated opinion

3. The remaining bald parts had no hair or even small beginnings at the beginning of my "regiment".The parts of my head that did grow were riddled with tiny fuzzy hairs that ultimately matured. I have seen little growth in these areas especially compared to everywhere else. Is it possible to see the hair growth in the spots with my current regiment, or is there a necessity of using one or all of the big three?

I apologize for the long post but responses are most appreciated! Pictures of before and after will be uploaded soon.

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you regrew your hair by taking hair vitamins? I'd like to see your pics to see if you're really suffering from male pattern baldness. Coz vitamin deficiency is very very rare and vitamins don't help in anyway to cure it. Maybe Telogen Effluvium or something? But definitely not male pattern baldness

10000po

Reaction score
you regrew your hair by taking hair vitamins? I'd like to see your pics to see if you're really suffering from male pattern baldness. Coz vitamin deficiency is very very rare and vitamins don't help in anyway to cure it. Maybe Telogen Effluvium or something? But definitely not male pattern baldness

Will definitely post pics as soon as I get home. Just a little back story, As of about 4 months ago for a regular hair cut at my local barber who I've gone to for years, estimated id be bald at about 30. I've always had a very thick full head of hair. However I seemed to have sped up time of male pattern baldness by certain life style choices I made in regards of using enhancements in my ex-hobby of "bodybuilding". Since the use, my hair gradually had been thinning, and behind the scenes causing bald spots. Unseen and unaddressed until a few months ago as fore mentioned.--id also like to add that tomorrow I will be going to see this barber for the first time in 4 months as my hair is just now growing and is finally in need of a cut.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
When you say "life style choices" do any of them mean any testosterone supplements??. If it is then steroids can induce male pattern baldness by screwing up your DHT levels and this "growth" is just your hormones balancing out with SOME help from your massages and vitamin/supplement intake which i guess could be having some Biotin that sped up your growth and thickened it.Anyways i would say you look out for any thinning.Until then don't stress it.

10000po

Reaction score
When you say "life style choices" do any of them mean any testosterone supplements??. If it is then steroids can induce male pattern baldness by screwing up your DHT levels and this "growth" is just your hormones balancing out with SOME help from your massages and vitamin/supplement intake which i guess could be having some Biotin that sped up your growth and thickened it.Anyways i would say you look out for any thinning.Until then don't stress it.

To answer your question yes. I was never worried about the hair loss side effect though because My dads side of the family, which I favor heavily, has zero incidence of male pattern baldness. So "steroid related male pattern baldness" seems reversible over time? Also I should have stressed this earlier, but I was a heavy nicotine user. I quit the same day I began this regiment. Is it possible nicotine could also have an effect on hair loss or hair growth by this extent?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL, vitamins for androgenetic alopecia. What a joke.

10000po

Reaction score
LOL, vitamins for androgenetic alopecia. What a joke.

I realized before I added my vitamin use that multiple users would flame me for it, and with that being said I added that information not just to aid in Recieving advice for myself but in hopes that it would possibly help someone out there. I remember being hopeless and frantically searching for answers for my hair loss and how bad that felt. So on the small chance that there is someone out there with the exact same situation, I'm going to add every single thing I did/do that has even the slightest potential to have contributed to my hair regrowth, and if possible to help someone to regain as much hope in succes as I found hope in finding this web site. Yeah, vitamins might be little to no help to most everyone; I realize that. But I'm not here to discuss whether it's a placebo effect or if it's a scientific effect. I'm here to share my story. Everyone here has something in common, hair loss. Even more so, when my body didn't have my hair's back, the community here of people I don't even know or people who have no clue I exsist had my back. I believe that to be genuine, and it would be disrespectful of me to not add anything, including the use of crappy vitamins or stupid scalp massages, if it had the possibility of helping someone or myself.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I realized before I added my vitamin use that multiple users would flame me for it, and with that being said I added that information not just to aid in Recieving advice for myself but in hopes that it would possibly help someone out there. I remember being hopeless and frantically searching for answers for my hair loss and how bad that felt. So on the small chance that there is someone out there with the exact same situation, I'm going to add every single thing I did/do that has even the slightest potential to have contributed to my hair regrowth, and if possible to help someone to regain as much hope in succes as I found hope in finding this web site. Yeah, vitamins might be little to no help to most everyone; I realize that. But I'm not here to discuss whether it's a placebo effect or if it's a scientific effect. I'm here to share my story. Everyone here has something in common, hair loss. Even more so, when my body didn't have my hair's back, the community here of people I don't even know or people who have no clue I exsist had my back. I believe that to be genuine, and it would be disrespectful of me to not add anything, including the use of crappy vitamins or stupid scalp massages, if it had the possibility of helping someone or myself.

You're in denial. Vitamins won't do anything for you or anyone else. EVER.

10000po

Reaction score
You're in denial. Vitamins won't do anything for you or anyone else. EVER.

Denial? What is there to be in denial about? You obviously misunderstood what I was saying. Regardless of whether or not vitamins do something or not it doesn't matter. I don't care if the vitamins do anything for the prime minister of Malaysia or if they make you grow wings. Also, if you look back, I agreed with the fact that they most likely have no effect. I'm not here to debate as I could argue the efficacy of whatever you wanted all day. I'm here for the successful regrowth of my hair. For no reason I receive hostility from someone, in a support forum no less, and its from a senior member. Not something I'd expect from someone at your caliber of knowledge and experience here. Remember, I'm a new member here on these forums. Not some male pattern baldness guru with the knowledge of everything, and after all of this said, none of it really matters. What matters is that my hair is growing back and gaining the education of keeping that hair, here. So, It would be much appreciated if instead of criticizing my current situation and my actions, that you'd help me or at least point me in the the right direction of what I need to do.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
@Hellouser
Cut him some slack dude, he admitted his mistake.
@10000po
You should look out for signs of thinning/miniaturisation from now.Don't get stressed about the hostility, its common here.New members should be taught of some basics.This method is not very healthy but sure does work but still not healthy

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Yupp the upload should be done with a computer.BTW what do you to browse the forum??An app or just browsers

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your regrowth has everything to do with stopping steroids, and nothing to do with vitamins and scalp massages or stopping tobacco. If you think any of those do anything for male pattern baldness you don't understand how male pattern baldness works. Also, I think you would be happy for how stopping tobacco has improved your overall health and life expectancy instead of a perceived effect on your hair. Shows how straight your priorities are