is my new shed related to stress and/or working out? should

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
i try oral spironolactone?

what will that do for me since im a diffuse thinner?

i recently (march) went through some traumantic stuff with the fam ... and over the last few months ive noticed A LOT of hairs falling out onto my laptop, paperwork, shoulders, you name it :(

i have also hit the gym to deal witht he stress ... my body fat is down to 5% and i have added about 15lbs of lean muscle to my frame ... but i have always been active and in very good shape ... so

could my workout be helping my dht attack my hair?

could it the emotional rollercoatser of the last 4+ months?

and what would oral spironolactone do? is msm a viable option? i knownothing about them

THANKS!!!

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
mbehr22 said:

i recently (march) went through some traumantic stuff with the fam ... and over the last few months ive noticed A LOT of hairs falling out onto my laptop, paperwork, shoulders, you name it :(

i have also hit the gym to deal witht he stress ... my body fat is down to 5% and i have added about 15lbs of lean muscle to my frame ... but i have always been active and in very good shape ... so

and what would oral spironolactone do? is msm a viable option? i knownothing about them

THANKS!!!

OK. I don't know much about spironolactone or msm, so I am only going to address the emotional stress and the exercise regimen.

Levels of serum testosterone may be increased with your increased lean muscle mass. However, it is speculative at best as to whether this rise in testosterone will correlate with a marked increase in serum DHT. Keep in mind that many successful propecia users have an increase in testosterone while DHT is still held at bay. Are you currently using a DHT inhibitor such as finasteride or dutasteride?

The take home point is that you have mentioned two benefits to your current workout regimen. Your overall mood has been improved by your workouts. You have benefitted your body greatly by decreasing fat and increasing muscle, boosting your metabolism and increasing your cardiovascular health. You can't seriously consider giving up these immense benefits because it may POSSIBLY be contributing in a miniscule way to your male pattern baldness?

There is a chance you could be dealing with telogen effluvium from your stress. You mentioned that your pattern is diffuse... telogen effluvium would be EVERYWHERE not just including your typical male pattern baldness area.

I also know that I end up shedding when I stress bc I run my hands throguh my hair ALL THE TIME. It's a horrible habit, and one that I do a lot bc I'm always stressed in med school. Has your hair loss regimen become erratic at all during this rough time with your family? That's something else to consider.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
medmax84 said:
mbehr22 said:

THANKS!!!

OK. I don't know much about spironolactone or msm, so I am only going to address the emotional stress and the exercise regimen.

Levels of serum testosterone may be increased with your increased lean muscle mass. However, it is speculative at best as to whether this rise in testosterone will correlate with a marked increase in serum DHT. Keep in mind that many successful propecia users have an increase in testosterone while DHT is still held at bay. Are you currently using a DHT inhibitor such as finasteride or dutasteride?

The take home point is that you have mentioned two benefits to your current workout regimen. Your overall mood has been improved by your workouts. You have benefitted your body greatly by decreasing fat and increasing muscle, boosting your metabolism and increasing your cardiovascular health. You can't seriously consider giving up these immense benefits because it may POSSIBLY be contributing in a miniscule way to your male pattern baldness?

There is a chance you could be dealing with telogen effluvium from your stress. You mentioned that your pattern is diffuse... telogen effluvium would be EVERYWHERE not just including your typical male pattern baldness area.

I also know that I end up shedding when I stress bc I run my hands throguh my hair ALL THE TIME. It's a horrible habit, and one that I do a lot bc I'm always stressed in med school. Has your hair loss regimen become erratic at all during this rough time with your family? That's something else to consider.

im not quitting my dutasteride regimen due to my stresses nor am i quitting my workouts ... i was just curious due to the timing of it all

i take 1mg/dutasteride/day and i added a copper peptide spray a week ago

no rogaine yet ...

thanks for the feedback

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
oral spironolactone is considered hardcore treatment .
if you don't mind adding a topical you should try spironolactone cream/lotion.